Buds Flowers and Fruit - 2023 Edition

YES to this! The smell of orange blossoms is my favorite smell in the world. I planted several citrus near my deck so that I can enjoy this wonderful feature! :blush:

2 Likes

Pleione orchids

5 Likes

Early Fuji Chip Bud Graft Blossom on Seedling Rootstock.

5 Likes

Hazelnut, female

14 Likes

So curvaceous!

3 Likes

it’s early days here as you can see; daffies and tulips and the saffron crocus are barely beginning to wake. the iris are also peeking. wine mom turtle approves

5 Likes

Impressive camera work and beautiful flower.
The actual female flower of hazelnut is very tiny.
This is mine:

10 Likes

Daffodils are almost done and Irises have started picking up. They are slowly spreading throughout the garden

8 Likes

you’re zone 5 with these going so early,! mine are still asleep in zone 6.

Artic Blue in the rain

Vick’s Caprice today

Secret

White volunteer freesia

8 Likes

Wenatchee Moorpark Apricots
03/28/23

6 Likes

White Himalayan mulberry

4 Likes

And we have a winner! Duke, as usual, and it looks like it’s already midway between :female_sign: and :male_sign: (but not yet releasing pollen):

That’s the only open flower on either Duke graft today, it looks like more will open tomorrow, and a few other cultivars aren’t far behind.

6 Likes

Ebb Tide
This morning

Afternoon

Artic Blue
This morning

Afternoon

Another volunteer Iris

6 Likes

Early Mcintosh

8 Likes

Secret

Azeala

Young Lycidas

Cloud 10

Flanders fig, breba, and I don’t trim this tree down, I want it to reach for the sun, plus using it to stake my rose Young Lycidas, a twofer, lol.

best yet, I’ve been wondering whatever happened to my artichoke plants, well here it is, finally a bud, exciting.

7 Likes

Bacon avocado

Hass avocado

8 Likes

My Glenglo peach bloomed early this year. It spent a couple years in a pot which runted it out. Maybe it’ll gain some vigor now that it spent some time in the ground.

8 Likes

Sweet cherries , Shiro Plums , Brubank plum , Multi grafted pecahes and zyper Nectarines. While pluots and Apricots got fully damaged with frost .

Lovel Rootstock flowering!

18 Likes

Naeem, thanks for posting the pictures. I didn’t realise Lovell rootstock has showy flowers. It seems worthwhile to save a rootstock branch while grafting other scions onto it just for the flowers .

2 Likes