Buds , Flowers and Fruits 2022 Edition!

These just grow in my yard… tiny but so pretty.

6 Likes

I’ve got those too. I do enjoy hearing the buzz made when the mower goes over them and my daughter likes them, so they do have some uses.

2 Likes

SOON in PNW, soon…

9 Likes

First fruit related flower in our yard is open today, on our puget gold apricot. I could have sworn the satsuma plum was going to beat it.

11 Likes

All of my daffodils are right on time. Same blooming as last year.

3 Likes

as of yesterday. A couple more days of sun would open more up.

7 Likes

These Gerardi Mulberry are in the rooting process along with my fig cuttings…

They have some serious bud swell happening now. Hopefully 1 to give to my daughter and two for me.

This is just a pic of sunrise reflecting off dew drenched woods here in TN this morning.

5 Likes

Rabbiteye… tifblue blueberry… did not seem to mind a few hours at 23-24 degrees. My other REs came thru fine too.

7 Likes

Great pictures you’ve posted, what camera are you using?

1 Like

Thanks I was not sure if you are asking me or someone else. I use mobile phone to take these pictures and phone is note 10.

1 Like

I hope to get my first taste of Hollywood plums this summer:

13 Likes

Are you sure that’s a phlox? The flowers don’t look right to me. Really cool looking, whatever it is!

1 Like

@jcguarneri
They were just emerging and did look a little different… pretty sure that is sweet william the wild version. They do look like the pic on wiki once fully up.

1 Like

I ran your picture through Google lense and got Harbinger of Spring, an Appalachian native. Looks like a good match. What do you think?

http://www.illinoiswildflowers.info/woodland/plants/harbinger.htm

2 Likes

Great thread. It’s been a long winter here. Hope everyone is good!

The sad apricot tree in the greenhouse started flowering in late Jan. Now the fruit are getting pretty big.
Feb 2

March 18

16 Likes

Orange Crisp apple

7 Likes

Blueberries:
Pink lemonade

Southmoon

Sunshine Blue

Emerald

Sweetcrisp

Springhigh

First time growing blueberries based on all the advice from this forum. Planted them last summer and have been super impressed so far!!

Sweetcrisp and Springhigh were from Southern Berries USA, I realized they had wrong descriptions, so not sure if they are actual. @fruitnut @Bradybb maybe you guys can tell or you need to the fruit?

7 Likes

Blackberries:

Prime Ark Freedom

Hall’s Beauty

Raspberries:

Anne

BP-1

8 Likes

My rising star peach… first to open a blossom again this year… my other two are usually just a few days behind it.

5 Likes

Purpleleaf cherry plum (Prunus cerasifera “Thundercloud”) is commonly planted as a street tree in Seattle, including in my neighborhood. In the last few days they all started flowering:

11 Likes