Buds , Flowers and Fruits 2022 Edition!

Nishimura Wase, Coffeecake persimmons:

Rubinette Apples:

15 Likes

What kind of berries are co-planted with your apple?

Not planted. Those are wild blackberries, which thrive here.

3 Likes

Sobralia orchid

6 Likes

I have 3 double rows of jambalaya okra producing nicely now… pick every other day and have a good mess for dinner and can some too…

Now i have these two double rows of clemson spineless coming on. When these start producing we will really be rolling in okra… and canning a bunch.

There are not many things you can grow in the garden that will out produce okra… here in TN loads of fruit July until early November… pick a bunch every other day.

4 Likes

Despite many problems with diseases, squirrels, and frost this year, some of my trees can still potentially yield some fruit.

Tam Kam persimmon

Hosui pear

Intrepid peach

15 Likes

just picked 62lbs of tiben black currants from my 2 4 yr old bushes. big berries the size of nickels this year. many branches weighed down laying on the ground. broke a bunch off and gave to the chickens and goats. they are so vigorous it wont even effect the bush. now to pick my other younger bushes. i think i went too crazy with black currants. oh well. invite friends and family to fill their buckets.

7 Likes

.Tiben Currant Berries Information and Facts

1 Like

I’d love to see pictures.

Am I reading correctly, you averaged about 30 lbs per plant, 4 years from planting?

Ariana pomegranate

6 Likes

Vick’s Caprice

Fun in the Sun

Boscobel

Watermelon from my compost

5 Likes

yes sir. maybe a little less as i weighed them in the bowls. 1st year i actually fertilized them. was so much berries all but 3-4 canes were laying on the ground. bushes are 6ft x 7ft across. glad i had mulch under them. my hazelnuts are the same way. the rain god was generous this year and they love my shitty clay soil. filled 4 of my biggest storage bowls. took 2 trips to bring them in. see if i can post the pic tonight.

3 Likes

they make the best jam and juice. the skin is tougher on them than my consorts and SWD doesnt infest them.

2 Likes

Tri Lite peach plum has about 20 fruits or so on it. Lots of scab though. Squirrels haven’t found it yet (its right up against the house so maybe they will leave it alone–or not). Not sure when these will be ready to pick-

6 Likes

Picked a bowl of the Czar plums

Picked the Piros and the Pfirsichroter Sommerapfel. Slightly early, but there are so many wasps that year…

Pastorenbirne/ Poire Curé

9 Likes

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:.

12 Likes

Naeem, if there was a award for the best gardener/ fruit grower on here, i would definitely nominate you sir! such great looking produce and fruit. great job!

4 Likes

Lang jujube

5 Likes

Li jujube

8 Likes

Jarring up the okra… canning for frying.

8 Likes