Buds , Flowers and Fruits 2022 Edition!

Roses from my garden

9 Likes

Calanthe orchid

8 Likes

More lady slippers

7 Likes

@Luisport Your orchids are gorgeous! And you just grow them on the ground, in dirt? Incredible! I tried to use mixture of tree bark, coco coir , moss, all kind stone, can barely keep my orchid alive :unamused:

3 Likes

Hi! Thank’s! Yes we grow them on the ground, in an area with natural pine tree soil. Our orchard had pine trees when we bought it, and this small corner still have the original soil untouched. I thought it will be great to use this corner as a hardy orchid garden… :blush:

1 Like

What I am not showing you is I see blue grape hyacinths sprouting up all over the yard where I never planted them. I figure when they moved dirt and bark dust around a couple years ago, they must have moved some bulbs along with it.

However, that first daffodil there I did not plant in that location. I think a few of them somehow were transplanted by them as well. I await for May/June to find out if the now carpeting of strawberries are pink panda flowering types or a fruiting type such as pineberries.

9 Likes

Oh my gosh! That is my most hated beauty. hahaha They are so striking…but I can never strike them early enough. :laughing:

2 Likes

Can you grow Osmanthus fragrans at your location? That one is truly fragrant. I never realized that was a thing with Edgeworthia, but I’ve never seen enough in real life to give them a sniff.

My April Remembered definitely remembers to bloom in April. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Actually edgeworthia’s Chinese name is 结香,’knotted fragrance’. It’s a beautiful bush and very worthy for winter garden. It smells nicely, not that strong but very indicative of early spring.

Osmanthus fragrans cannot survive our winter. Tried a couple before but all failed. It grows nicely in pot and flowers in the long winter months indoors.

7 Likes

First sunflower pawpaw flowers

Beauty of Bath apple flowers

Rocha pear flowers

6 Likes

The rain pulled down these apples, I didn’t see them before, this Golden Dorsett is loaded.

6 Likes

My first blue!! Southmoon

10 Likes

7 Likes

6 Likes

Gerardi mulberry rooting budding fruiting…

7 Likes

Pleione orchids

7 Likes

Calanthe orchids

6 Likes

An unknown pitcher plant (maybe someone can ID?) that a neighbor donated to the greenhouse last summer is starting to open a flower bud, with another one just behind

11 Likes

Moro orange

6 Likes

My crab apple is starting to show off… love that color.

10 Likes