Cant find the Lounge?

I just noticed today that I no longer have access to the lounge. Anyone know why that is?

1 Like

You need to keep up a certain level of activity to keep the access. We lengthened the time a lot (to 1000 days) before you could get demoted but the system will demote people after that period if they are not at the activity level needed.

That said it seems a bit heavy-handed the way the thing works. I put you back at level 3 as you were meeting nearly all the criteria anyway.

2 Likes

OK thanks Scott!

I seemed to have been booted from the lounge also.

Hmm, it looks like the requirements are to read a certain % of the posts. As the traffic has gone up it is getting harder to do that % we had so I lowered it a bit and you now qualify for re-promotion. You will be let back in soon!

Note that there appears to be a bug that a few people are not properly getting back in. I am going to rebuild the site soon which should fix that.

4 Likes

I have no lounge or political either… Would be nice to get that back! Im not very inactive I dont think.

You have to reach a certain level (I think a level 3) to be able to access Lounge. To donthat you need to read and post regularly. If you have a long break in between, your level is demoted.

Oh, I just saw Scott posted the answer,

I guess I only posted 23 times last month, maybe need to do it daily?

You are not viewing enough topics it looks like.

1 Like

I view what Im interested in… are there so many I need to click on each month? It wouldnt take long to do that I suppose. Might want to consider an either / or approach instead of having to post X times AND view Y topics, etc. Im sure im not the most active member on this forum, but Im no sideliner either…

5 Likes

The whole Discourse platform that this site uses centers around the idea that reading what other people write is the most important thing you can do. From this page:

A healthy community needs members to be posting new content, but this activity is not everything. Readers are the true indicators of how healthy the community is. What’s the point of posts that no-one reads? Discourse encourages and tracks reading habits so community managers can keep a healthy balance.

I found this blog post helpful in understanding not just how it works, but why it works that way:

My understanding is that the admins can adjust the particular thresholds, but not the overall structure.

3 Likes

I cannot seem to find " The Lounge" either. Was it removed?
Thank you for checking and replying moderators.

Mike it looks like you visited 44 of the last 100 days and you need to have visited 50. So if you just pop in every day for a minute for a week you will be back in.

These lounge rules are rather arbitrary and annoying.

1 Like

Ahhh, TY for the explanation. I was not sure if it was days or number of posts in so many days. That makes sense. I appreciate the fast reply Scott.
I hope you had a nice Christmas. Happy New Year to you!!! Stay safe for this Covid stuff.

I’ve given up on the lounge, too much bs. if I’m not a valuable enough member so be it…

1 Like

Well, I can find Lounge but I can’t see General Fruit Growing on my phone. I didn’t test to see if this is the case on laptop. Another weird thing is that I kept reading the same posts again and again but the website still indicates these are unread and marked with blue dot. Sometimes, I read the posts and the blue dot goes away but it shows up the next day with no new post. I give up, maybe it is just my cell phone problem.

1 Like

I have not yet been able to find the lounge. It is a mythical beast hanging out on a rainbow with the unicorns. :rainbow:

Every grower I have ever met refers to the plants as fruiting, or not fruiting depending on stage of life cycle. But I see your point.:point_left:

Cannabis forums, I have been to them all and post a lot. Most have an off topic section or lounge where I ironically post about growing fruit and veggies and companion plants. I find most cannabis growers know nothing about fruit; and would never sign up for a fruit growing forum. Yet these threads remain some of the most active on the cannabis forums.

Ironically that’s what brought me down the path to a fruit growing forum. In my logic I thought such a thread (with no politics, just growing) would be useful here. Since I bet many here would rather not sign up for a cannabis forum but may have an actual question about the plant.

Just a humble suggestion. No worries. I will stick to questions not deserving of a thread.

1 Like

Im on here every day, except on weekends, and I cannot see it. Im wondering if you need to log out and back in every day? I leave my computer running and only restart once a month typically… I guess it depends what they consider a ‘visit’ to be.

1 Like

I do that too, maybe that is the problem.

1 Like

I used to have access to the lounge. I took a fairly long break, came back, and have read at the same rate I did previously for what seems like quite a while now. Somewhere, I assume during my break, I lost access to the lounge and haven’t gained it back yet. I leave my browser running in the background for days and days. I don’t know if that plays a factor or not. It also seems like I see fewer “regular” members, even the active ones in loads of threads. I’m not complaining. It just seems like something changed somewhere along the way with how many folks had access.

1 Like