Citron De Carmes pear aka Madeleine pear

I see a few flower clusters on my small graft, too.

2 Likes

Please keep us posted on how they do!

2 Likes

Covered with blooms again we can expect a very good year for pears.

6 Likes

Nice looking cluster. I donā€™t have any rootstock left to graft, this pear sounds very interesting, like to grow it.

2 Likes

I will tell you more as i know more itā€™s long overdue its flowered for years.

1 Like

Lovely pink/red blooms.

2 Likes

Clark, I think you qualify for Pearmaster Extraordinaire.Just donā€™t take this title lightly. Amazing.

4 Likes

Citron de carmes has hundreds of blooms on this year. Looking forward to a big crop. Many years of blooms and fruits and things always happened.

3 Likes

Letā€™s see how it tastes this year. No sign of fireblight or problems of any kind yet.

7 Likes

:smile:

2 Likes

How often am I going to need to feed pears before or after they are producing 50-pear or whatever could be considered ā€œbearing ageā€?

My trees are growing fast and have some (not enough to notice) scab - but other than that are fine. Iā€™m watching too much vigor happen on OHxF 87 to a few Asian pears. Iā€™m wondering when fireblight is going - to invite itself in & onto those trees - too.

Well - Iā€™ll see ya.

2 Likes

@Barkslip

Hardly do anything to these I donā€™t even fertilize them generally. Pears produce typically within 7 years. Some produce in half that time. Maybe your fertilizing them to much.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t ever fertilized. Iā€™ll know when the trees have suppressed their growth, if 15-20 years from now, even. Best Regards

2 Likes

Japanese beetles devoured these pears. This is very unusual Iā€™ve never seen this before.

3 Likes

@clarkinks
It sounds like Dax has yet to see fireblight on his, how about you?

2 Likes

@Richard

No fireblight at all.

3 Likes

Oh no! Did they target that variety over any others?

3 Likes

Yes over all other varities.

2 Likes

Yes over all other varities.

@clarkinks

Interesting. They must know a good thing. Iā€™ve noticed that some pests seem to target the more healthy trees (greener leavers or whatever), while some pests seem excited to finish off something thatā€™s already hurting!

3 Likes