Cost Report and Call for Donations November 2020

No drought here but enough of the first two to make up for it! It was also a rough year for me. I am doubling down on animal control for next year.

Thanks for all the contributions coming in, eyeballing it looks like we are at around $2000 so far and the checks are just starting to show up.

3 Likes

Iā€™m addicted to this site. With each visit, I gain another tidbit of real-world biology. I so appreciate the generous sharing of ideas! Sent contribution via PayPal.

2 Likes

Where do I send a donation check via the mail?

David

This was the second time you have asked this same question and the answer was given on post # 61 if you scroll up.

Also, the same answer was in the very first post of this thread. Please take a look.

2 Likes

:-1:
Donā€™t be discourteous.

1 Like

@Boizeau

1 Like

thecityman & marknmtā€¦ I came to the same realization some years ago. The charity I looked into only got 37%. Local school fundraisers are not much betterā€¦ and with youth soccer leagues, I just write checks and give them directly to the organizations.
The school fundraisers are the hard ones for me as the children are given prizes according to how much they sell. Canā€™t say no to my grandkids as they donā€™t understand how the money flowsā€¦ and it is hard on the kids to sometimes have charts up on the classroom walls that show what each child has sold. So usually do a combo. ā€¦buy one item per grandkid and then give them a check to give to their teacher payable to the PTA.

No wondering where the money goes on this siteā€¦ Thank you Scott and others who make this site possible!

5 Likes

Thanks for all the contributions! I added things up and so far we have $2300 from 80 different contributors and I am sure there are some more checks to come still. We came up with a little less than the previous round but there is much less activity in the winter so overall I think it was a big success. And most importantly, we have money to go for over a year :grin: I donā€™t mind asking for money once a year but more than that and it starts to get old.

33 Likes

Thanks for all that you do Scott!

3 Likes

@scottfsmith thank you very much for everything you do! Sent! Friends and family keep me busy this time of year.

2 Likes

Never gets old Scott; we get so much out of it, including friendships. Priceless!

11 Likes

Done by Paypal.

1 Like

Done by paypalā€¦ :+1:

1 Like

@alan

I agree.

It makes for a much better forum vibe without a specific $ amount being suggested. Most who can, will chip in, those who canā€™t are still welcome. So far this Forum has self funded while retaining a healthy level of goodwill.

If it ainā€™t brokeā€¦ donā€™t fix it

Mike

14 Likes

Whatā€™s that old line? The checkā€™s in the mail.

4 Likes

here goes paypal
thanks

1 Like

Also it is hard to find this thread on the main pageā€¦ could you employ a button which takes us here?

2 Likes

Scott
Verify that you got the deposit in to PayPal

Plus is it to much to ask for a Receipt

Thank you

Cliff

Thanks Cliff your donation made it. There should be an entry in your Paypal transactions which is about as close to a receipt as we can get.

For anyone posting here I always verify I saw a deposit from Paypal coming in to my accountā€¦ so far all have come in fine.

While I am posting, it looks like another $300 or so additional has come in so we are now somewhere around $2600. I think we may beat our last round when it is all over, we got around $2900 last time.

9 Likes

I have no qualms with subsidizing free riders when it comes to food and education. I want to spread knowledge and love of growing fruit. Thatā€™s why I volunteered for the Home Orchard Society for many years.

9 Likes