Drippin' Honey Asian Pear

If you look at the beginning of the thread Drippin' Honey Asian Pear there are lots of photos. This is the perfect color in my opinion.

6 Likes

@clarkinks How did these wrinkled ones taste?

1 Like

@clarkinks Would it be overripe if I wait for it to naturally fall?

1 Like

@tubig

Never had one naturally fall. They will rot on the tree usually after heavy insect damage. They taste as good wrinkled as ever but maybe better.

My one and only. Others either got bug damage and/or taken away.

3 Likes

@clarkinks When this deep yellow color, is it sill crunchy?

1 Like

@tubig

It becomes more mushy like a european pear in that state.

@clarkinks if picked in this attached color, would it get as good as rich-flavored as one picked already in the deep yellow color?

2 Likes

Is this ripe? This is an unverified dripping honey.
When one knocks on it with a fingernail, it feels and sounds like a piece of wood.

1 Like

It doesn’t look like a dripping honey to me.

1 Like

Maybe Korean Giant. That’s how mine can look when they’re immature.

1 Like

Can you cut it up and take a pic to show the inside.

It looks right to me just a deformed one.

Mine are ripe now and are very tasty. I made a graft this spring to have more but the deer got the graft sigh.

1 Like

My dripping honey look like this:

4 Likes

@scottfsmith do yours sound like wood when knocked or flicked with your fingernails? It also feels heavy for its size compared to an apple.

1 Like

They will start to feel heavy and dense in your hand as they ripen. Most varieties should lose all traces of green. Later on when your tree is bigger it’s easier as you just pick one and find out.

1 Like

@clarkinks when this color, does it sound and feel like wood when knocked with fingernails? Does it feel very dense?(denser than typical ripe euro pears like bosc and Bartlett)

2 Likes

@tubig

It can be very firm take a bite of it and check the sugar content. When you see it turn slightly yellow it is ready.

2 Likes

@IL847

Yours is not ripe yet.

2 Likes

I have never said it is

2 Likes