Emerald Beaut Plum

After three seasons, I have the best crop of any fruit really. More than 100 fruits, all perfectly spaced, thinned and sized. The tree did it on its own!

32 Likes

Congratulations, how do they taste?

2 Likes

Bravo!!! They look great! Congrats!

2 Likes

They are very sweet right now when they are green. But they only get better with time when they turn yellow/orange. Almost as flavorful as a Mango! The fruit stays firm and hangs on for a long time. Plus it’s freestone!

8 Likes

Mine are over ripe at this point. One I just ate was 24 brix. But it wasn’t freestone. Looks like yours only no green left, just yellow.

2 Likes

Excellent! Sounds terrific!

2 Likes

What size net is that?

1 Like

30’ X 30’ and I wouldn’t suggest any size smaller.

3 Likes

My second leaf tree bloomed but got frozen out. Today at Wally World I saw a clam pack of 5 green plums and thought to myself they had to be emerald beaut. I turned the pack over and turns out I was right. Despite their high cost I had to pick a pack up since I’ve not actually tried the variety yet. They did not disappoint. Hard to believe they get that sweet while still maintaining their green appearance. Did not check brix yet but higher than any plum I’ve purchased around here. Seems a lot more like a plumcot than a plum. Looking forward to a future harvest on my tree.

6 Likes

I keep nagging the produce managers here to label the varieties of their fruits, but they insist it can’t be done

I don’t believe them

3 Likes

cut it open

1 Like

@bleedingdirt you lucky dog you!

Dax

3 Likes

This one got squished in the cooler but tasted great!

10 Likes

looks beautiful i can practically taste it frome here

2 Likes

I tested one of the store bought EB and it was 22 brix. Excellent taste and good sweetness without being sickly sweet.

4 Likes

Scored almost 27 brix after a week of hot, dry weather.

14 Likes

still getting this one

I love posts like this because some of the new people need to see some of us just striking gold to motivate them.
John S
PDX OR

3 Likes

So true. I’ve been drooling over @fruitnut’s pics and descriptions for years now!

5 Likes

What pollination for your Emerald Beaut plum?