Estimated Tree Vigor of Apple Varieties (list)

https://www.homeorchardsociety.org/growfruit/apples/estimated-tree-vigor-for-apple-varieties/?fbclid=IwAR22eC9Nyq0P_LOjhXCG7i0GrXuHiheKLjZTLDpKTRhLuPk3pSWLAqVzN-k

9 Likes

Cant see anything I would disagree with on what I skimmed over in their chart. Handy piece of information that they have compiled. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I am looking for this information, remember looking at it but did no save it. If anyone can point me to where to find it now, I’d appreciate it. Trying to sort out what might be better on more vigorous rootstock when I graft.

Yes that link doesn’t work any more. I have tried searching for that page (in case it was moved instead of removed) but I haven’t found anything.

I have an 'Apple" file I save things in and I do have this one saved as a Word doc. Msg me an email and I can send it to you. I wonder if there’s a way to add this to the reference section so it would be available to others.

2 Likes

Perhaps @alan or @scottfsmith could help you get the scion vigor list in the reference section.

1 Like

Here it is:

4 Likes

Also length of the growing season, depth of the soil and available moisture. Clay loam soil produces much larger trees in the same amount of time than my sandy silt, as a general rule. My soil drys out quickly between rains.

1 Like

Thanks! Totally missed finding that somehow.

Thank, I sent a message. I remember copying certain varieties, not the whole file. Pomiferous and OrangePippin don’t have full info for everything, and for that matter, everything.

1 Like

I am hoping to work with this file, at least for the varieties I am planting. Is there a collaborative place for files, or should I throw this up into GoogleDocs? I know people may want the info or be willing to provide more on what they grow, but I just can’t provide much right now. I have gotten a lot of what I am looking at on Pomiferous and OrangePippin,but am trying to sort out vigor and FB resistance. Most of what focuses on disease is for scab, which doesn’t yet bother me.

I’m the tec dinosaur on staff.

2 Likes

Thanks I had tried to reference it lately and couldnt seem to find the file anywhere.

I put up a copy here in the guides since that web archive is not going to last forever.

If anyone knows the author let me know and I can add it.

9 Likes