Fall clearance deals!

figured I’d share a pic of my Walmart haul from today…

best deal i think…

wish they would have had more of this, only had 4 bags left…

everything was at least 50% off… post what you guys have found and where also!

14 Likes

Wish there were deals like that near me. Stopped at a Walmart and only thing going cheap was some questionable potting soil

2 Likes

Incredible

2 Likes

Nothing here at my Walmart. Lucky, you!

2 Likes

I scored a similar deal like that a couple years back at Walmart. Amazing markdown. Havent seen it since though.

2 Likes

They must have started stocking holiday items already!

3 Likes

I scored a bunch of one-gallon blueberries, raspberries, and black berries at Lowes the other day for 5.00 a piece. Lots of good growth, very little browning. iI took them home and drenched them with water, they seem to be perking right up.

3 Likes

So I have a ‘dial n spray’ type hose end sprayer, figured Id try out the fish fertilizer in it on my potted plants, which are taking up a good portion of my back yard. Wife wasnt happy when she got home, evidently she doesnt like the smell of fish fertilizer…

4 Likes

Havent been to Lowes in a while, might need to check it out also… I went to another local walmart to see if they marked stuff down yet. Spoke with manager in gardening section. They didnt have any of the same stuff marked down, he looked at his computer tho and said they have over 500 products that they have been told by home office to mark down, that havent been yet. Sounded like they arent in a hurry to do it either. He said that when items go on clearance, its directed by the home office and notifications are sent to all stores at the same time, but they can do the actual mark downs at their leisure essentially… Also he wouldnt price match the other local walmart, even tho I had pictures with barcodes of the items I wanted! 6 bags of O+ they had on their shelves may have been relocated somewhere else in the store tho, to purchase later…

1 Like

Good Grief what deals!!! I would have bought every single item you did, and more if they had them!!! I often check the clearance isle at my walmart but almost never see anything of interest. Thanks for showing us this, and know that you have inspired me to make a trip to walmart tonight just so see if I can find anything like this. I’m renown among friends, family, co-workers, etc for being the cheapest person on earth so this makes me happy. haha

2 Likes

I hit some good deals a year ago, but this year the shelves are bare and the employees don’t expect any great clearance sales in the garden department.

1 Like

Stopped at Walmart again last night, asked a worker in the garden area why their ‘clearance’ prices are so much higher than a different store just a few miles away. He said that they dont set the prices, essentially theres some kind of formula that takes into account past store sales of that product, current stock and the amount of time until they want it all gone. So a store that has had low sales of specific products (or higher current inventory) will mark them down more to move them, compared to one that has had better sales…

3 Likes

I went to Walmart today. They had some fertilizer on sale but all the good stuff was gone I think. But they did have these edging on sale for 15 cents/piece. I picked up 24 pieces. Could use another 10 or so. Have to go back for it. I took a picture to send to a local friend in case she’s interested. I also got 3 lbs of grass seed for $5 and 16lbs of preen for $10.

6 Likes

I swear Walmarts in MA do not offer any substantial discounts to worthy garden-related items.

1 Like

stole some more oc+ from a different local Walmart this morning. 5 more bags added to my collection.

also a BIG stack of coir there at bargain basement price, gotta go back for some as i was in a hurry. not my favorite choir, ground a bit too fine imo, but for the price i can make it work.

6 Likes

Ugh, you’re killing me. No deals around here. Maybe later, since we’re in a warmer zone, but I doubt anything like that. Your plants are very lucky!

3 Likes

Walmart sells a lot of Expert Gardner brand products. Fertilizer, soil etc. I looked up the brand but couldn’t find it on amazon to check the reviews. Has anybody bought this brand before? Is it any good? Rose fertilizer I bought on fall clearance is expert Gardner brand.

2 Likes

What a good deal! I bought two large bags of the holy tone for 5 dollars each. Thanks for this post! It says for acid loving plants. Do you think it’s ok for all around fertilizer on garden and fruit trees? What makes it a acid type fertilizer? I have been looking at the ingredients and I don’t see any that would make it.

1 Like

1 Like

@Chris1
The sulfur

1 Like