Fall clearance deals!

I bought some also, havent used it before so cant say how good/bad it is. Assuming it will be fine…

2 Likes

The sulfur will drop your PH some, really depends your soil chemistry. Where I am we have a lot of clay soil with ph of 8 or so. A little bit of sulfur wont hurt anything and will likely help most plants. If you have sandy soil or PH that is already slightly acidic, it could lower it to the point that some plants might not be happy. You could buy it and if your plants arent happy, pick out the sulfur pellets… JK

1 Like

Lol. That would take me a long time. Thank you. I have more of a clay type of soil as well and part of my yard and sand on the other half. I will definitely check out the pH with them before I put it down. Thanks! I’m going today to check out the other Walmarts to see if I can find the fruit tree holy tone For fruit trees. I bought a bag for two dollars yesterday. What a good deal.

2 Likes

buddy bought one of our Walmart out today…

8 Likes

Haha. Wow!

1 Like

Lucky. The local Walmart is only at 10-15% off.

1 Like

Ive noticed 2 out of our 3 local walmarts have significantly better sale prices than the remaining one. Consistently, across departments it seems. Checked several other out of town ones also and didnt find great deals at those either fwiw… Also got a 58v snaper cordless hedge trimmer a few days ago, normal price over 200, for $43, dont reall need it, but at that price its hard to pass up!

2 Likes

bought the rest of these today… curious who actually sharpens their chainsaw blades instead of replacing them…

1 Like

We do, but we have 8 Stihl chainsaws. We use the Stihl 2 in1 Easy File Chain Sharpeners.

2 Likes

Dremel tool with Dimond hone

2 Likes

I use the plain’ol chain file type sharpener. Works pretty dang good, couple minutes on the tailgate and I’m throwing good coarse strands again.

4 Likes

We sharpen them. Doesn’t everyone?

3 Likes

Ive tried sharpening a few times, but never seem to cut like a new one. Probably Im just not doing it right… How many times can you sharpen before replacement is needed? For $3 each, hardly worth the effort to sharpen, in this case at least…

2 Likes

My dad would sharpen a chain until the tooth was nearly gone. He is older now and has a hard time seeing exactly what he is doing. The smaller the tooth gets the harder it is to keep them cutting straight it seems. I just try to keep them out of the dirt :grin:

1 Like

$41 and a few pennies…

1 Like

Love to find some chains at that price… I’ve done a lot of sharpening lately. Had a ~11’ circumference white oak die last year. Am cutting it up into firewood now. Wife did pick up a 4lb sledge hammer for 50 cents from WalMart the other day though…

2 Likes

Decent clearance deal at Amazon today. I’m grabbing some winterizer.

https://www.amazon.com/deal/63d1058d/ref=gbps_tit_s-5_0f49_63d1058d?tag=slickdeals09-20&ascsubtag=2fed00ccdb1311e9a5079298aa0449350INT&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=56beed47-26cb-401c-95f5-738a157f0f49&pf_rd_s=slot-5&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=A8CJ2KH5SHC59NZ6V68F

1 Like

Ummm. My guy sharpen chainsaw chains.
They use them daily, so sharpen until the teeth are too worn.

2 Likes