Finally done grafting

Here is a picture of the apple orchard the morning after mowing.
The Bridge Grafted tree is barely visible furthest to the left.
The trees have grown!

11 Likes

Beautiful orchard. That’s quite a contrast to my hillside forest clearing.

2 Likes

But the fruit from your trees is probably just as sweet and appreciated. :slight_smile:
We do things on a larger scale because we have a large family. More eaters… and more helpers too.
When we are done raising this crew we will probably want a much smaller place and less to maintain. We will let one of our children live here and raise a family.
Believe me buckets of cukes are just another thing to feel bad about not having time to put up…so beyond what you need or can use its just another burden.

4 Likes

That is one beutiful home orchard. How many trees? Do you have any deer that jump that fence? Is the height of the trees not a problem for you?

Honestly, really impressive, great job!

1 Like

45 apples on mostly m111. A few trees with 5 or more varieties.

The stone fruit and pears are about as large, but there are empty spaces that need to be filled.

Persimmons are sad. When work boomed hubby and I didnt keep up with it, and children dont figure in all factors or notice how things are doing. Next year we plan to replant rootstock and hopefully eventually have a lot of producing trees.
Gotta prioritize. Got a new place to pay for. Maybe if we can find some good tree service people we can invest more time at home.

Thanks @growjimgrow
No deer in ours…they like our neighbors place better. We have dogs.
We wanted big standard trees. We have lots of climbers at picking time.

2 Likes

Sorry Jolene hard to understand. Xxoo mrsg

1 Like

If you mean my message lacked flow I agree.
We are super busy, behind with work and preparing for a funeral. My youngest sister in law died unexpectedly this month.
Paid leave is not an option when you are running a business…we just have to keep going a day at a time.

1 Like

Our very deepest sympathies go out to you and all your family.

4 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

So sorry JoLene❤️