Flavor Bombs and Kumato cherry tomatoes are ripen

These two cherry tomatoes are all I need for salads :smiley::yum:

12 Likes

Tony, same here, way too manyyyyyyy. You don’t need to grow anything else.

5 Likes

Most of mine this year are cherries from compost sprouts i moved around. I do have some that look purple so maybe those are they kumato type i buy sometimes. They taste great with the almost zero rain we’ve had. NO cracking. Too bad i could use some big 5lb beefsteaks. We do eat a lot of salads so these will come in handy.

They almost look greenhouse grown!

3 Likes

Were those you started from seed?

Yes, The original seeds were from Sam’s Club Kumato and Flavor Bombs.

2 Likes

Tony, how’s the business going? It’s always interesting when you are brave enough with what you are doing. This might look small with what in store for you.Btw, when to Petsmart yesterday, park my car right next to a Tesla, thought about you but driver looks nowhere your “physic”.

1 Like

Thanks for asking Bob. We are fortunate to have a big fan for Vietnamese street foods. They said Our prices are cheap compared to other restaurants nearly so We had lots of repeator. They gave Us great reviews like 5 stars on “Google Red Lantern reviews” so We do get new customers from social Medias. Yeah,. Teslas are great cars and that is the future of automotive. High quality car with really no maintenance except for ware and tear like breaks and tires and that is it. You can get a new Model 3 now for around $37,000 with all the high tech Auto pilot and no gas needed. No other cars in the world can beat that. My TSLA investment is doing great from $200 ish a share in March to $1467 a share now. It will split 1 share for 5 shares on 8-31-20 so common investors can jump in with a lower price at around $290 a share instead of in the $1450 ish a share. Btw, the main crop figs are ripen and I am loving them.

I still find that sooooo amazing. I am drying some on paper towels. But now they are all stuck, so I’ll have to cut them apart and store them ON the paper towels!
What did you do to prepare yours? Anything?

That’s all I did , dried on a piece of newspaper. When ready to plan,water Paper to loosen seeds an plant. 50 seeds equals 50 plants.
Give to friends a bunch. For next year leave on piece on paper, stick in ziplock baggee in crisper.

2 Likes

Try a paper plate instead. That’s worked pretty well for me.

3 Likes

I squeezed the seeds on the napkin and let them dry. I used a tooth pick to plucked them free before planting the seeds.

1 Like

Huh. I just sliced store tomatoes thinly and planted the slices in paper tube “pots”, thinned when they got about 2", then stuck in the ground when they were hardened off. Mine are late, but I almost have one ready to eat! LOVE Kumatos! I am growing Comets for my daughter, too, but those plants aren’t nearly as vigorous as the Kumatos.

2 Likes