For weenie little twigs; what is your favorite graft

If made a bunch of pictures of grafting <1/8th inch scions by chip budding.

It was a little to long to post them all in this topic. So i made a separate one here.

i hope that helps.

4 Likes

Incidentally I get as good a take rate using a ‘saddle’ graft … small scion to small rootstocks, or small limb on a multi=graft tree.
90% or so I’d guess. Even as small as the stem portion of a Q-tip.

3 Likes

@BlueBerry, You are a much more talented grafter than me if you can cut Q-tip sized wood for a saddle graft.

3 Likes

I use a fresh blade in a box cutter…it’s all in your imagination…I even have big hands and big fingers. You can do it. You do have to have a sharp blade though…and not be
shaky as you do it.
{If I had one of them ‘smart phones’ that has your life’s history on it, and sometimes your future, I’d take a pictue and post some of those little grafts.}

I didn’t mean to imply it’s my favorite graft to do…but definitely in my bag of options.

1 Like

I installed many hundreds; probably over a thousand machines that required 14-24 holes made by a rotary hammer drill. My hands are not real steady anymore…lol

1 Like

Finally grafted a Circassian with two tiny scions. Sat down and made a notched type double cleft graft. Nice and tight and lots of vertical cambium contact.

1 Like