Gold Monukka Table Grape

Fancy…

Hell, you could set up one to grow hydroponic with fish underneath for fertilizer. Only slightly facetious.

Over the years I’ve distributed cuttings of this cultivar to many people, esp. the CRFG. About 4 years ago I developed an allergy to grapes. Late this winter I removed the plants and sent cuttings of them to several members here. Next Spring try putting a request in the Trading Post.

The structure is made with pressure treated 2 x 4’s with the top rail “on edge”. The horizontal trellis was made from 8’ sections of manufactured redwood garden trellis with about 10" spacing between the lathes. I secured it on top with metal flanges made for mounting pipes on walls, and also guy wires at 45° on the ends. I knew it would be flimsy but I planned on training the newly planted vines to become the trellis. That worked well.

4 Likes

That was 7 years ago. Nowadays there are 216 potted figs in 3 of them and the 4th is dedicated to herbs in the ground.

2 Likes

sorry about the allergies Richard. I will put out a request on the trade forum and see if someone can sell some.

I could send a plant now of Black or Gold grown from Richard’s cuttings. I have 5 of one and two of the other but not sure without looking which is which.

2 Likes