Golden Limbertwig

Those look great. Good job grafting those scions. Really happy to see these photos

3 Likes

Very nice growth Alan. My Striped and Golden Limbertwigs are smaller but growing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just saw there is some Golden Limbertwigs for sale from David Vernon at Century Farm Orchards. He says it was left over grafted trees he did, and the scion came from Big Horse Creek Farm, so it must be legit. I ordered one on M111 so fingers crossed it’s a winner.

1 Like

Only one left if you ordered one from list that came out yesterday.

1 Like

I wish Century Farm and Big Horse Creek Farm would label this tree “POSSIBLE” Golden Limbertwig, unless they’ve found some way to confirm its indentity.

@greyphase and @thepodpiper: have either of your got fruit from possible striped or golden LT? If yes, does it impress you as the kind of fruit worthy of the name?

2 Likes

Steve I got “Golden limbertwig” and Kittageskee from Larry at southern cultured. I always thought you had somehow sourced them. Is that a fact?

1 Like

Both my Striped and Golden Limbertwigs are growing nicely but probably another year or two before they fruit.

1 Like

Yes that’s true. Kittageskee is confirmed; GLT may never be confirmed.

2 Likes

While not a Limbertwig, Hillside was mentioned in this thread.
Has anyone fruited this? Mine is blooming, but no idea of color, size, taste, or ripening time.
If none of yall have, guess we shall see.

2 Likes

You may have seen this already but that’s a little bit of info.

1 Like

Thanks Brian! Nice looking apple.

1 Like

Great looking apple. Tom Brown has done a huge service to us all by finding so many " lost" apples. God Bless him and his work.

3 Likes