Grafting dummy question: What can be grafted to plum tree?(Pruned pictures attached)

Very nice job mamuang. Great looking tree!

Thanks, Clark. Most of my newer trees look like that including cherry. I think it is very helpful for sun penetration and air circulation.

Our summer sun is not hot enough to scald exposed branches. My trees are low/ short, fit my height well :grin:

2 Likes

Yes,your tree looks good,mamuang.Even though some of the branches are pulled to almost horizontal,they fit the general shape.
With Galina’s tree,most of them are upright and the one branch looks somewhat out of place.Brady

It has been found that Green Gage plums bears better fruit on his own roots. So, I recommended take cuttings

I ended up removing the Green Gage plum tree discussed here. Still can’t believe how easy it was. My DH cut it with chain saw starting with branches and I bagged it as he cut it. It took 15 min. Then he attached cable to his Prius and to the stamp… The rest took another 15 min. Almost no clean up needed. Whole process took 30 min. New peach goes to the vacant spot next spring.