Has anyone heard of Willamette nursery?

I found Willamette nursery online who sells rootstocks at wholesale quantities, has anyone heard of this company before?

3 Likes

@Palmy_Oceans

Yes used them many times they are very good if you need bundles of 50 -100 rootstocks.

2 Likes

Thank you @clarkinks, I was also happy for the fact that their rootstocks are CVI.

1 Like

@Palmy_Oceans

Here is a link if anyone else is searching for them FRUIT TREE SEEDLINGS | Willamette Nurseries rootstock clonal seedling fruit tree ornamental seedlings

1 Like

I see they have Mariana GF8-1, I’ve actually been looking for that. There is an additional $30 fee for orders under $500. Is there a minimum order requirement other than that? I couldn’t find anything at first glance. EDIT → I see they sell them in bundles of 50 or 100, I guess that would be the minimum order then.

2 Likes

I believe like @clarkinks mentioned you need to buy minimums of 50-100 depending on the diameter of the rootstock.

1 Like

I emailed them to make sure there isn’t any other fees other than the shipping, and that 30$ fee.

@ztom

Open the rootstock you want and make sure its in stock. They will be running low soon if they are not already. .They will show how many are available.

1 Like

I just checked for that specific one @ztom wanted, it says available for size, 1/8, 3/16, 1/4. There wasn’t a specific number mentioned though.

1 Like

I was looking at Mazzard rootstock and at 1/4 inch for some reason it says 10,000 B, any clue to what the B stands for?

1 Like

@Palmy_Oceans @ztom

They are very low on stock. Click check availability at the bottom. I did the mazzard stock to show you how it works.

2 Likes

Is 10,000 considered a small number for these big nurseries? I hope they still have some.

1 Like

@Palmy_Oceans

A big company can buy them out with a single order. Typically they dont.

1 Like

:grimacing: I sent an email just now hopefully they can get back as soon as possible, I need those rootstocks.

Next year, plan in advance, they can be sold out on a lot of things very early.

3 Likes

@Palmy_Oceans

Its best to buy what you need asap

1 Like

I am not sure what rootstock you need, but Treco Nursery is also very good. I have purchased bundles of B-118 from both, and thought the Treco had better roots (even though I bought the “Regrade” lesser quality roots, because that was all that was available at the time). But I am sure it changes from year to year, and I had excellent success using the Willamette rootstock also.

I was surprised the other day to see Treco still has 2040 1/4" B-118 Select grade rootstock for sale. Was thinking really hard how I could buy some for grafting the other day (again), but decided I just can’t do it again this year. Way too much going on! But the desire to bench-graft is just so addicting!!! Aah, maybe next year I will teach a grafting class or something, so I can keep my skills sharp, and maybe make some new friends.

Here’s the link to Treco: Budagovski 118

3 Likes

I’ve driven right by there on the way to South Barlow Berries, without realizing the product line of that nursery.

2 Likes

For anyone who has previously ordered, I was just wondering what grade B means on the Willamette nursery website.

Great link. See they even had the new “sproutless” crab rootstock. Notice the normal domestic apple stock is wiped out.

Plenty of MM/M rootstocks. And the pricey Geneva stuff. Which I will probably groan and grab the pricey Geneva stock until my fireblight resistant crab rootstock project matures.