Horseradish root

Now that is a radical statement. I can’t recall a single doctor saying that, on all of the shows I’ve watched. Almost all of them strongly disagreed with that idea.
John S
PDX OR

Seriously. I’ve always thought that was a staple in cocktail sauce?

2 Likes

Or a condiment for roast beef.

1 Like

We’re any of them hematologists or oncologists? There is definitely an element of luck in it. Else, how else could there be that old man we know who smoked his whole life and never got lung cancer or the woman who never smoked in her life and did? Or, the vegans who get colon cancer? Infants with melanoma? Since we are talking horseradish, eating horseradish will not prevent cancer. That is, just bc you eat things associated with less cancer does not mean you won’t get cancer.

But, I suspect I won’t change your mind discussing this, and I will likely keep feeling like you think people cause their own cancer. Blamine cancer patients is is my soapbox subject. So I’m out.

1 Like

Cocktail sauce, Roast beef? Yes.

I like your term “Risk reduction”. Just eating horseradish won’t be the one thing that completely stops cancer by itself. That is not what I was saying. I don’t think that’s even a good health strategy. I’m not blaming people. I’m showing them tools to improve their odds. Each person decides their strategy for themselves, but if you’ve never heard that you can even have a cancer reduction strategy, how will you develop one? There are many things you can do to reduce your risk. Since half of all men will get cancer and even more will get heart disease, don’t you think it makes sense to reduce your risk? I’d rather have a long, healthy life with less pain and die quickly at 95, than die at 57 (less than my current age) in pain, less actively, in pain and misery for the last several years, like many people I’ve known who have already died. If you want to live to be 110, that is largely your genes. You can clearly improve your odds if you just want to have a relatively long, healthy active life doing things you enjoy, and not stuck to a bunch of tubes in a hospital. There are many holistic M.D.'s you can google if you want to. Joel Fuhrman, Mark Hyman, Michael Greger are examples. Many are oncologists, researchers, and integrative physicians who counsel cancer patients and others with chronic disease. As a country, we spend more than 80% of our money (our biggest industry by far and the most expensive in the world by far) on chronic disease, yet we have the 38th best health outcomes. We are not doing well in this area. What you eat is the biggest factor in your health. The overall diet plan is an enormous factor on your odds of achieving good health. Eating herbs, fruits and vegetables, being active, connecting with others, having a spiritual life (not one particular religion) and getting exercise are all big factors.

Growing herbs and vegetables like horseradish can diversify your orchard, decrease the number of pests, and improve the soil quality. I don’t need to keep going on this topic. I put one sentence in a response to growing horseradish and someone wanted to question me. The fact that we grow some of our own food is a bonus for our health and for the health of the planet.

John S
PDX OR

2 Likes