Hot weather is here!

Even with the black plastic, my melons aren’t doing nothing

1 Like

60s today and the next 3 days then a high of 71. Hot weather not here (NY)!

2 Likes

Honestly…I would take that… no ac/no heat…perfect.

1 Like

Someone in this Omaha/Iowa/midwest area will probably hit 100F in this next heat wave…Sun/Mon

3 Likes

Hot and DRY - with drying winds

1 Like

Yup…been watering daily now…the cool nights help, but the non stop sun and dry air is hitting containers hard. I have a bunch of cots in 1 gallon pots that need to be repotted or put in the ground…

2 Likes

110 degrees here in sunny Phoenix.

1 Like

Beautiful day, sunny, dry and a high of 20C (68F). The garden is all in, the scions look like a decent percentage of them took.

1 Like

Looks like @IowaJer, @clarkinks, @Olpea, @Antmary, @tonyOmahaz5, @Levers101 and the rest of y’all are getting toasty. Oh well, it is almost summer.

It was about 75 here today, just perfect, about 70 tomorrow and slightly warmer as the week goes on. Might hit 90 a few days next week. Will have to keep an eye on the newly planted tomatoes, will prob have to water them a bit more often.

3 Likes

I’m ready for a bit of some warm dry weather. It’s been so wet here for the last couple months. I wonder how @amadioranch fruits are going to do with the heat in Phoenix this week. Yesterday I kept hearing on the news that it’s supposed to hit 110F this week, which I guess isn’t unusual for Phoenix in later summer, but is unusual this time of year.

1 Like

Do you have any ripe peaches yet?

Got down to 50 this morning, and its still kind of chilly, bet the newly planted tomatoes didn’t care for that. Only 70 today, so another nce day to some more planting.

Yeah forecast is say’n Sat 98, Sun 99, Mon 97, Tues 97… And hardly a chance of rain too.

I think it’ll be interesting to see how my CJ’s do brix wise in this heat if I give them some water. Last year we had VERY similar heatwave during ripening and I was pretty pleased with being able to see my cherries ripen without threat of rain crack, however the brix numbers were pretty low.

I’m watering my garden quite a bit more than normal already.

2 Likes

Not yet, but getting close.

Calling for 96F sat and 98F sunday… only solid is no mowing for a while.

3 Likes

It never fails - as soon as the lettuce is heading up in prime condition

1 Like

Only one year did i have success with spring lettuce. I like the heading iceberg types…other years it was just nasty bitter.

1 Like

It can be tricky where we live, esp the iceberg

1 Like

Perfect weekend for sitting in the AC.

3 Likes

My thought: It’s about time for summer. We are finally done with the cold nights.

3 Likes