How is everyone's fig cuttings and trees doing? Post pictures and age

How is everyone’s fig cuttings and trees doing? Post pictures and age.

These are 3.5 months old. I moved them outside to the shade today to slowly acclimate them to the sun. They are in 4x9 treepots set inside 2gal pots so they don’t tip over

Left = Kesariani
Right = Red Lebanese

Left = Unk Sicilian Dark
Right = Kesariani

10 Likes

Left = Kesariani
Right = Campaniere

Left = Unk Sicilian Dark
Right= Chicago Hardy

Left = Smith
Right = Ronde Bordeaux

Left = Red Lebanese BV
Right = Smith

Left = Smith
Right = Ronde Bordeaux

8 Likes

Improved Celeste purchased as 7gal bareroort

Strawberry Verte purchased as a 7gal bareroort

5 Likes

3 months from cutting. Hardy Chicago.

6 Likes

they look really healthy

1 Like

I started these 3 CH Fig cuttings on 4/11… in moist promix hp… and have kept them outside on the north side of my home (mostly indirect light) since then.

Buds started pushing already and I have kept them covered with another planter pot to reduce light even more. I dont want a bunch of shoots and leaves until roots have time to develop.

On 5/11… i am going to uncover them and gradually move them to morning sun… then full sun.

Hope those roots are growing… i did apply rooting powder when starting them.

6 Likes

Here’s my Beer’s Black. Basically bare root last year (severe cold damage, was on the brink of death last spring).

4 Likes

Here’s the batch I’m currently nurturing indoors. The 8 in front are cuttings that recently sprouted roots and were potted yesterday. The remainder I received as live plants earlier this year, mostly from Christian at tinkerbugfigs.com.

4 Likes

This is my first time rooting figs
Celeste and V.Sika

8 Likes

I rooted one last year that didn’t grow much. I didn’t tag it so don’t know the variety. I gave the little thing to my son so he could feed the leaves to his turtle. Twelve inches high, growing on his window sill, with two figs.

5 Likes

@lwilliams1922 – Hi Lara, welcome!

2 Likes

white Genoa getting tall

with a Chicago Hardy and black Bethlehem

toya

negronne

unknown, I lost the tag. it was rooted last year

3 Likes

hope the take off for you

1 Like

looks like it will recover

looking realy healthy! tinkerbugfigs is great

1 Like

looking good

looking good in the sun

1 Like

Far right is Matewan. Middle is Cannonball. Both collected by hillbillyhort in WV.

Far left is a new find. Kanawha. Has been growing since the 1940s in a few lebanese family yards in WV.

I have been leaving them out and they have been frosted a few times and crisped the leaves.

I have no clue what im doing but it is gonna be fun.

I start all of my fig, elderberry, and canefruit cuttings in a cold mostly dark shed. Takes them alot longer but seems to give me alot more root growth than vegetative… so mine arent that pretty when they first wake up.

4 Likes

lake spur took, and ischia. there’s a florea in there too. all the figs out for now, we don’t have a night below 45F until the 9th. days in the 70s/80s.

2 Likes

Kremp Florist is another good online vender, as is One Green World – whose offerings have been doubling annually in recent years. Jon Verdick (Encanto Farms, figs4fun) has been scaling back and only selling on figBid – a place primarily for unlicensed sellers trying to get rich buying and selling figs. Harvey C (figaholics) is closing shop within a year so perhaps another large-scale stand-alone vendor will arise in the vacuum.

2 Likes