How is your weather? (Part 2)

Stuck at 35F ish for the last 24 hours. Very gloomy out there. No snow out of this storm yet…the low is basically stopped over Minnesota at this time. Thankfully this looks like this is it and we turn dry after this thing dies.

2 Likes

Here, the ground didn’t really get frozen and the rain just soaked in.

When I looked at the extended, it said that all Jan would be more or less like this, just a bit cooler. This is a setup for a late spring killing freeze

Tomorrow 62 then a cold front sets in for a bit.

Snowing…again

1 Like

starting to freeze good but still only 20’s during the day. no snow forecasted.

Plenty of snow here near St. Paul all winter so far. Knee deep out there.

2 Likes

about 4-6in. left here. sledders arent happy.

1 Like

Just got in from plowing/snowblowing. I’m guessing we got 8-10" last night/today, and it’s still snowing. Our road likely won’t get plowed until tomorrow.

2 Likes

Y’all please make sure that cold and snow stay right up there. I’m trying to get my pruning knocked out during these nice warm ups(60s/70s this week) :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

A guy i know just rented an airbnb in Florida for 2 months. They are fleeing like rats. :mouse: Scared of a little cold and possible orthopedic surgery :bone: About broke my neck getting the mail because the driveway has pooling water/ice/slush.

Stuck just above freezing…can’t wait for this garbage to move out of here.

2 Likes

Got around a foot here in the cities. And it’s snowing again….

2 Likes

I’m sick of the rain, I can’t do anything outside. Not sure how long this will last.

The GFS model shows wave after wave for the next few weeks, though northern CA will get the worst of it:
gfs_ref_frzn_swus_fh6-384 (2)

Here’s what it shows as total precipitation between now and Jan 20:

… which is good news for snowpack and water systems, but maybe not great for people who don’t like gardening in the rain. In Seattle, I am used to it :joy:

1 Like

Yeah, my daughter just cancelled her trip to SF, she’s going to Hawaii instead. Lucky girl!

65 Today.

Freezing precipitation last night…a layer of sleet on the driveway this morning. On and off snow showers through tomorrow. Weekend & next week look decent with temps in the 30s and falling into 20s by the end of the week. Maybe a snowstorm around next Saturday?

1 Like

All snow covered this morning. Every snow this year has been very wet and heavy. Low pressure has moved to about Tomah, WI currently so its moving in the right direction finally. Almost a cut off low–something you sometimes see in spring (its cut off from the jet stream so just sits there weakening//moves very slowly and can actually drift backwards like it did yesterday).

I see the media is calling the current one a “mega bomb cyclone”. Its almost becoming an SNL skit with these names. Does look very wet. California needed rain and they are getting it.

3 Likes

Robins everywhere this morning! We had them early last year too, but not this early.

Ours came a few weeks ago. By the 10’s of thousands here.

6 Likes