How is your weather? (Part 2)

raining hard and 40. barely any snow left and none in the 10 day forecast. im holding off registering the sled as i dont know if it will be able to be run this season. 8 big shacks on my local lake. they might regret putting them out there. only 5in. of ice.

3 Likes

That sounds familiar. For the second time the snow base on our driveway has melted off, down to gravel again (that’s always fun with the snowblower). We still have snow but only because we got some pretty good lake effect storms before it warmed up. The snowmobil’ers were in an uproar because the state extended deer season, which means the sled trails can’t open up. It seems irrelevant with the trails being a sloppy mess and closed regardless.

2 Likes

Maybe we are entering a new climatic period where you will never see winter again :palm_tree: :grin: Is this the mildest start to winter you can remember?

Sunny and upper 30Fs here today. Rain Tues.

2 Likes

Wow, reach 60 on Tuesday! Can’t believe it’s January in Chicago, nick named Chiberia.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t get warmer. I saw 60Fs moving back into SE Wisconsin again. Insane.

2 Likes

I’ve still not seen the rainfall total here in my area of KY for the year. But I think from 45 to 50 inches probably. Erratic but a normal total this year. Been above average here since 2016 until this year.

one of them.

For me…yes. I’ve never seen a 50 degree New Years Eve followed up by a 50 degree New Years Day…with no snow on the ground and mud everywhere. This feels different than the standard “January thaw”…as winter hasn’t really arrived yet. We’ve had one snowstorm…no lows below 10 degrees…and many days in the 30s and 40s.

1 Like

No snow, but very gray and overcast with a bit of rain almost everyday. So strange for the south of France where we expect sun daily. Very gray!

3 Likes

The extended doesn’t show much for cold. Maybe some shots of snow for you guys late week/weekend.

California looks very wet—that seems to keep us warm.

We’ve got 30F with clouds now. Overnite looks interesting with maybe some freezing rain then turning to all rain tomorrow–with lingering snow afterwards==maybe an inch or so when its done.

4 Likes

The rain stopped today, but it will likely container this evening. I managed to give all of my fruit trees a fertilizer stick.

Gorgeous day of 30Fs and rain.

2 Likes

MSN says it’s sleeting out. But it is mid-60’s and raining.

It’s dry now, but it rained last night. I hope I can go out and dig a few holes for my fruit trees, they are coming, all bare root. Yikes!

We just had really heavy rain and its 36F out there. Just putrid. Can’t get any worse weather then mid 30Fs and rain. I have no idea where this water is going with the ground being frozen.

3 Likes

Snowing…again

2 Likes

Some spot SW of Sioux falls is reporting 25 inches…several spots around Sioux falls are reporting 22 inches. Impressive.

1 Like

They can have it. At least down there the chance for some melting before spring is good

Crazy that its 70F right now in St Louis (they got up to 72F). Should jump on a piece of ice and float down the Mississippi.

St Louis broke the record today (68F) from 1939.

Strong wind/rain just blew through here. Probably 10,000 or more without electricity per the local power companies outage map. My generator is fired up and I’m glad to see it had no problem handling an eye on the electric range. Anyway, look out if you’re in the path of this one…