How is your weather? (Part 2)

North to south. They come here. We don’t have them any other time than winter.

2 Likes

We used to shoot a handful of snowshoe hares every year in central WI, we’d get them while grouse hunting mainly. Dad would turn them into hasenpfeffer usually. Hasenpfeffer Recipe | Bon Appétit (bonappetit.com) Throwing them in the crockpot all day with a can of cream of mushroom soup would get them edible, but not awesome. I haven’t seen one for decades.

2 Likes

Sunny, very pleasant low 60s, a bit chill. Great day to do more garden. I need to trim all of my roses and fertilize them. Next week we will have thunderstorm and more rain.

My 10 day forecast… is mostly 50s 60s for highs… with only one night showing below freezing 28F… pretty good letttuce growing weather.

Our Walmart had SEEDS out today… got me some lettuce and spinach seed. Spring must be coming.

3 Likes

Cold shot down into Florida next weekend on euro–after a storm moves St Louis to Detroit late week. We stay dry up here. That would bring more rain to Maine as that low redevelops along the east coast and moves north.

30F to 35F here all week. Very frosty this morning–low of 12F.

2 Likes

It’s been very cloudy, dank and average cold here. The forecast is becoming a spin-the-bottle of storms…will it be snow or will it be rain. Either way a lot of precipitation is on the way at the end of the week.

1 Like

I don’t usually check the drought map in winter, but I was surprised to see last week’s - we’ve been in D0. No real snow cover so far this year and none in the forecast.

2 Likes

We had quite the storm in California today. Lots of rain and flooded streets. Our little creek turned into a river. Have definitely never seen it like this before. We were lucky and did not have any water come into the home other than a few leaks in the garage.

3 Likes

The rain started here in SoCal too, but not heavy, however I’m glad I did fertilize my roses with alfalfa meals.

Low 80Fs right now in Dallas, TX…nice January day.

Stuck about 30F and thick clouds here. Calling for my favorite, freezing rain overnite. Already salted the roads.

2 Likes

The rain stopped, it’s a bit sunny and cold. I’m waiting for the trees to dry before I go out and prune some more, I need to do this for one pear tree otherwise. I might not get any fruit this coming year.

Last night was our first dip below zero this winter. The next 10 days show steady warming which means -5f could be our coldest temp this year… a far cry from last winter’s 38 below.

2 Likes

37F, sunny and a light wind. Gorgeous day. I could handle a winter with days like this.

Dallas Ft Worth was 85F today…2nd day in a row they broke the record high (which today was from 1911)… Also 90F in s Texas.

put our shack on Long lake this morning. was 10 but no wind and a nice bright day. only 5in. so we just pushed it out there by hand. with the weather thats coming it wont be adding much ice anytime soon. and that 12in forecasted tom. night will only insulate it further. saw some daring guys on sled out in the middle but they we really moving.

1 Like

Now this is what I call good gardening weather (waterproof jacket required):

Seattle and London have very similar climates it seems (50F and rain today in London)–although it looks like Seattle is a lot sunnier overall. The sunshine today felt so nice. Back to clouds and cooler for a couple days and then warm again this weekend.

We went to 9 degrees last night…our first dip into single digits this winter which is incredible.

1 Like

They mentioned the next system has a crazy amount of lightning with it, but is a 1000 miles away so that could change. Also appears the next few systems get colder and colder. Better chances of snow (mountains) but lower rain amounts.

1 Like

You’ve got low pressure moving from New York right thru the middle of maine. Looks like everything from rain to heavy snow.

1 Like

Looks like Selma, Alabama just took a direct hit from a large and very powerful tornado unfortunately!
Debris lifted to 70,000 feet in Selma!

:red_circle:LIVE - Tornado Coverage With Storm Chasers On The Ground - Live Weather Channel… - YouTube