How is your weather? (Part 2)

67 F… thunderstorms… pea sized hail.

Checked my lettuce bed after… and they look ok. Pounded and dirty… but surviving.

3 Likes

PDS for Autauga county, Alabama.

-10f at Long lake in the County at 4am. smelt were biting and the ice song was wild.

1 Like

It’s dry here, maybe I can finish trimming my roses. My daughter is on a business trip to SF today, she said there’s a light rain up there. Mine will be coming Saturday.

currently have 20in. of fluffy snow and its supposed to snow until tom. am. a big difference from the 3 to 5in. then rain that was forecasted yesterday. how the hell do you screw up a forecast that much and still keep your job?

1 Like

Looks like Ison’s took a near miss with the large tornado that hit Griffin, GA yesterday. Couldn’t have been more than a mile or two south of them when it passed. According to their website, the phone lines are still down, but everyone was ok. Many were not so fortunate.

2 Likes

Well folks, some say weird things can happen on Friday the 13th…and well…I just transplanted an apple tree into my new orchard on JANUARY 13th…in zone 5b Midcoast Maine. I’m going to take it as an omen of a bountiful 2023 but I did it mostly for the story to tell the grandkids (at least I hope this isn’t the new normal).

Oh…and I did it wearing Crocs just to prove a point.

8 Likes

A cold snap for us for a few days. Looks like some Jan. Rain which is rare but very good here. Starting like last year which was by far the nicest spring in my 30 year memory.

1 Like

A couple of family members are in Ft Myers area thru next week and i told them it looks a little chilly this weekend, but right back to 80F or better next week.

Clouds and seasonal…upper 20Fs. For some reason they salted all the roads today yet there is no precip in the forecast until Monday and that looks to be rain. Someone didn’t get the memo.

2 Likes

In RI we would have called it January thaw. Here in France it is warmer and far more spring-like. 63 today!

2 Likes

28F & 26F forcast for my next 2 nights.

Greens under cover and incandescent lights.

They survived 3F with a little more cover.

5 Likes

im jealous. 22in pf snow as of 4pm and still snowing. 25f. crocs are the best. i wear them in winter even, with wool socks if im just going to the store and such. my wife thinks im nuts. :wink:

5 Likes

She’s right :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

I start wearing long johns (well, bottoms anyway) when it starts getting below 45 or so. Guess I’m still not used to the cold after moving here almost 9 years ago. I wear thermal tops when I’m outside and it’s below 30. I don’t think I would make it north of the Ohio River… :grimacing: I hate the cold. At least I don’t have to do yard work, tho.

I noticed @psmith is in Aroostook County, isn’t that pretty close to your part of the state? You said y’all got almost 2ft of snow??

hes in central aroostook. they got about a foot then it turned to sleet/ freezing rain. we got the most of everyone up here. probably 2ft. by tom. morning as its still lightly snowing.

1 Like

at least im something. :wink:

2 Likes

Is that record amount for you there? 20 inches here would about shut down the city. I feel like anything 6+ inches is a “big snow” for this area.

That’s pretty incredible. I haven’t been able to get a shovel in the ground here since sometime around the first week of November.

2 Likes

Ya, the weather you describe is more what we would expect here as well, every time we have gotten a good freeze, we get a day of 50 degrees and raining that thaws it again…we only have a few inches of ice on the ponds. We would normally have a foot by now. Strangest winter I’ve experienced in my time.

3 Likes

not a record but it did shut down many businesses. still some stayed open. we are used to big snows like that here. ive seen storms that dropped 3ft. in 24 hrs. pretty much shovel every 4hrs to keep from being trapped in your house. it was definitely all hands on deck yesterday. people a great like that here. everyone rides around helping others after they dig themselves out. my sons up from AZ. instead of riding sled yesterday he rode around with my brother and helped dig people out.

1 Like