How is your weather? (Part 2)

we expect some weather like this in early June. not so much for you guys.

1 Like

been raining for 2 days strait. my stepson says they started to get some yesterday so hopefully it puts out those fires there.

Actually, looking at the radar, it looks like we may be catching smoke from the Ontario Fires now.

90s this week, 60s at night. we are in it now

If it weren’t for everything drying up, this weather would be so pleasant. If I didn’t have to keep hauling water.

2 Likes

I saw a map that had upstate NY covered in heavy smoke. Its been bad here, but not horrible.

Cold front pushed thru overnite…dews plummeted (much drier air). Actually felt a little cool out there this morning. More dry air. Rain Sat looking likely and we will probably need it. Grass has turned crusty brown. Watering daily the veggies/flowers/etc.

Yesterday it turned to North/Northwest…and blew in some smoke…looked like Gatlinburg around here or Roanoke…blue hills, hazy skies, firey orange sunset.

Today showers from Iowa or Minnesota…
and by Friday breezes return to A westerly direction for awhile.
This shower should help for a day, but
perhaps some real rain from Southwest
might come our direction next week.

I notice corn leaves curling up yesterday. Soil moisture is low…especially in sandy locations.

It’s 62 F at 10:45 a.m. … a good 15 degrees under yesterday. Feels nice though.

1 Like

Raining and in the 50s for the 5th straight day…feels like we’ve been under cloud cover for a month. People are mowing their lawns in the rain now. They’re going to have to put me in a straightjacket by the time this is over.

2 Likes

It cooled off and the wind switched here too. I guess some rain fell about an hour west of me last night.

It has to rain here sooner or later…I hope

2 Likes

Most folks here are skipping the lawn mowing this week.
Those that didn’t, they have short brown lawns unless their yard is in a low area,
or has plenty of clay topsoil or is on a north facing slope.

1 Like

I always figured ME was known for being cool and rainy much of the summer?

2 Likes

we arent even above 50 here. upper 40’s and heavy rain right now. both the wife and i have bad chest colds to boot! havent had the chance to even plant the onions and lettuce yet.

1 Like

depends where in the state you are. up north here yes but its usually quite warm by now from central Maine south. we don’t see 80 much until the beg. of July here. June , its a toss up.

1 Like

Definitely cooler in Maine…but we usually don’t have Lows spinning over our head for a week. The recent trend was toward warmer and drier summers…that has been turned on its head for now.

1 Like

the pattern is so stagnant. I do see a low pressure moving thru this weekend but who knows how much precip falls. It doesn’t look like much locally (1/4 inch?) … next heavy rain according to the model would be day 10.

1 Like

Zero heavy rains predicted in our 10 day

wish i could send you guys some of ours. had a lag in the rain so i walked the property. man stuff is growing like mad. currents and honeyberries already put-on a foot of new growth and fruit set is insane. i fertilized everything with urea 2 days before this rain started. now if fungal diseases dont take everything out ill be golden. Saturday looks like is the only chance to get a spray in.

3 Likes

Ontario and Quebec, I’m hearing. Our air quality high for the day was 444 (Hazardous). We are still above 400. (Good is below 50.) I watered young trees today wearing a mask, but I did not dig trenches and plant potatoes.

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking about watering in some of the new trees at the orchard, but have been too busy with other stuff. We’re heading to New Hampshire on Friday for my nephew’s wedding on Saturday. Should be an interesting weekend with all this smoke.

2 Likes

Day 6 of cool rainy misery…at least we are not choking on smoke.

1 Like