How is your weather? (Part 2)

We are having hot mornings until early afternoon. About 3-4pm it has been raining every day.

1 Like

I forgot to check the weather station this a.m. We got down to 35.6F last night, forecast was for 41F. Tonight 42F is forecast, and the next few nights in the 40’s as well. I planted out my peppers a couple days ago, they’re going to be complaining.

3 Likes

37 forecasted tonight. i hope its not off because all my citrus are on the front deck.

It may get down to 65 tonight for a low. I wouldnt bet on it though

2 Likes

Feels more like July than June. Air Quality is horrible…can hardly see the bluffs.

1 Like

I brought mine in…new growth start wilting.

1 Like

Feels more like early April than June here.

2 Likes

The drought intensifies

Heat wave passed, weather now delightful - if you like drought. It refuses to rain.

in the next 7 day forecast its rain everyday until sat. highs stay in the upper 50’s and 40’s at night. glad to have the rain but 6 days in a row is a bit much. never got to spray anything other than dormant oil. hope i still have a crop after this.

1 Like

I got an air quality warning on one of my weather apps today, smoke from the Nova Scotia fires.

1 Like

58 is forecast here tonight…more NE breezes and very sparsely scattered thunder and showers in the afternoon. (Been in 60’s last 3 or 4 nights).

If the high pressure in central US blocking west to east weather flow persists all summer…this is going to be a strange year. Record lows for some, record highs for others.
Record precipitation for some, record dry in other spots.

4 Likes

I don’t think I can recall ever having an easterly wind for multiple weeks in a row.

2 Likes

we get them occasionally here due to nor’easters and such but not for as long a time as we’ve seen lately. really screws with the weather.

3 Likes

Maybe a hurricane can blow it away

2 Likes

I’ve resigned myself to the fact that my lawn is going to be a hayfield all summer. I’ve never seen a blocking pattern like this in its intensity and duration. I’ve already given up on the month of June.

1 Like

NWS La Crosse this morning:

To get an idea of how anomalous this pattern is, one look at the EPS percentile plots shows the strength of the easterly flow aloft around this ridge/high is at the lowest values ever observed here in early June throughout the 1979-2009 climatology period!

Sprinkles this morning. Next good chance of rain comes Saturday as high pressure drops down over WI.

3 Likes

14 days today without rain at my home in West GA. 4th leaf apples and new in ground grafts on m111 still making it with no irrigation.

very strong East winds throughout May. had to tie off a few scaffold branches on young trees due to them permanently growing in new positions with the persistent east wind.

2 Likes

More air quality alerts, it’s hazy out and they sky is a dull yellow. I stepped outside and immediately smelled smoke. This is unheard of here in the Adirondacks. Normally the smoke from these Nova Scotia fires would be blown away from us, not toward us.

2 Likes

You’re hoping for a crop after too much rain and cool temps. I’m hoping for a crop after zero rain and hot temps.

I just walked my two main orchards. What looked like a good fruit set last week is now looking pretty slim.

2 Likes