How is your weather? (Part 2)

Well, we have been in a mild pattern for, looks like about 3 years. We’ve had our share of blizzards and cold weather. 13 years ago, my kitchen pipes froze. So there is that.

1 Like

A friend in Charlotte reports it started as freezing rain before dawn and now near noon it is still freezing rain. I’d rather have the nine or so inches of snow that we are supposed to get. And currently the sun shines.

Winds Peaked out at a 176 MPH on 4-3-1974 and have since died down. This exact thunder cloud passes though the tip of my back yard.ohmer3web

2 Likes

Tornado warnings in Florida continue…

I’ve left my potted pineapple guava outside for a couple of 11-15 degree nights here and so far it seems to be ok. I finally put it in the garage last night, 12" of snow might be too much for it.

1 Like

Steve that looks more like a tornado than a thunder cloud…

2 Likes

Kentucky: Monticello, Mt.Vernon: 34 and drizzle.
Somerset, Corbin, Richmond: 33, drizzle or mix.

North Carolina: Charlotte/Mint Hill: 29 and freezing drizzle.

Tennessee: Nashville: 34 and snoW
Knoxville: 37 and light rain

That is known as the Sayler park tornado rated at F5 While our house disappeared from view it was not in the damaging cone.

3 Likes

A little over 8" in the middle of my backyard now… still snowing… still above freezing… 34 35 degrees. Power out at 11:02.

My garden greens bed is insulated well.

5 Likes

First time scrambled eggs on gas grill…

Power STILL out.

3 Likes

Streets just got coated so a long way to 8 inches here.

1 Like

At least 6 or 7 inches here and snowing hard. It’s been stuck at 17 degrees since last night. Thought my thermometer was broken. The low for tonight…17 degrees of course.

5 Likes

Sleet started about 3, snow about 4, visibility is maybe 1/4 mile now. Ground, deck, cars already covered.

Now that the temp is now below 32, should be all snow from here on out.

2 Likes

The dog insisted she wanted to go out. We tried to tell her it was gross, but she wouldn’t listen. Anyway, these pictures are from the same spot in the pond/lake yesterday and today.

The dog made it this far running and romping, the turned around and pulled us back home.

6 Likes

My wife and I made this today…

Us southerners have to get out and play in it… when we get a big one. Yes… that is my gardening hat.

My son made something like an igloo… notice the new use for a cattle panel there… he came up with that on his own

15 Likes

8+ hours no power…

Taking all the fun out of this BIG snow.

2 Likes

The storm is getting bigger…like a strengthening HURRICANE…

so the back side isn’t passing this area and moving on
despite the fact the center is near Greensboro NC and heading to Roanoke.VA.

Up top, Pennsylvania is literally getting dumped on. And possible flooding on the East Coast.

It’s been a few years since we’ve had a good old fashions nor’easter. Basically, a winter hurricane. Or maybe a tropical storm, with a blizzard being a hurricane? Except, tropical storms dump more water…

Late night musings with the wind howling. But it’s changed to rain here. So when have 4 inches of snow soaking up the water like a sponge.

1 Like

10+ hrs no power…

Building a new home in the next year or two… integrated generator (possibly lp gas fueled) need to research that. Solar ???

This is the longest we have ever been without power.

Per goog… a full freezer is good for 48 hours… unopened… half full 24.

We put some refrigerator stuff on the back porch. Plenty cool out there.

3 Likes

From Gatlinburg to Long Island to Ontario and back to Detroit and Columbus…quite a large storm! Not to mention tornado in ft. Meyers FL and storms in Cuba off it.

3 Likes