How is your weather? (Part 2)

Frosty but sunny and warm. How it manages this, I don’t know.

But the potted citrus out on the porch seem happy enough.

2 Likes

We get the hard freeze next weekend, it lookslike. Better go out and pick the Fuji apples. And spray the citrus for scale before bringing them inside

28F this morning; first heavy frost of the season. We’ve already had a few light frosts—the first on September 28. Early this year. Average first frost date is usually around October 12.

3 Likes

as warm a zone as you are your frost dates are pretty close to ours in z4. strange.

2 Likes

42 F this morning… our coolest yet.

No rain in like 4 weeks now.

We have been getting up in the 80s pretty regular… figs and raspberries still ripening… figs a little slower… but very jam like and oh so good. I have 100s left on the tree… cut all the growing tips off a couple weeks ago… hope many do get to ripen.

2 Likes

34 at 9:00…I didn’t get up in time to see frost.

Anyhow, no need for ‘leaf peepers’ to travel far…it’s glorious along I-75 south of Berea…and I’m going to find out afterwhile how colorful Jellico Mountain is.

2 Likes

We’ve been dipping into the thirties on the regular for a couple weeks now, and are approaching it being the norm. Days are just about done with regular hits above 70. Generally sunny with morning dew. I love it, but it’s chilly ahead of schedule and the air is hanging onto its water. I think we’re in for an early and white winter. Zone 6B.

2 Likes

Augtober continues in Seattle, with highs mostly in the upper 60s or 70s, lows in the 50s, and incessant wildfire smoke. I keep checking the forecast every day hoping for rain, but it’s always just more of the same:

This prediction from the WA Office of the State Climatologist just a few weeks ago isn’t holding up very well:

2 Likes

Very dry around here. Haven’t had a solid rain in some time.

Looks like cold weather is on the move and getting ready to invade again. Enjoy the next couple, because after Weds its all downhill. Sunday-Tues look really cold. Sunday here shows a high of 45F.

Overcast all week

Pattern shift incoming…78F today… 50F Thurs/Fri and 40Fs next mon-weds. Winter isn’t here yet, but probably won’t see 60F again until late next week.

1 Like

We’re supposed to get rain with that shift - hope it materializes

The 135 to 159 mile markers in tennessee and the 20 to 75 mile markers in
Kentucky are plenty pretty enough for the fall color tourists.Cumberland Gap or the Great Smokey Mtns are perhaps a couple days ahead of Kentucky in fall color.

1 Like

Winds out of the NW…probably less then a 1/10 inch of rain fell. Enough to need windshield wipers. I can see clearing already to the west. Temps dropping after a warm overnight.

I would say fall colors are near peak here. Some trees are gorgeous right now (maples) and some are still mostly green. My peach tree is still fully green like summer…that thing will just freeze and the leaves will all fall off.

1 Like

Thunder and pouring rain, there goes my morning swim.

It is raining… first time in over a month.

Love it.

Hope my okra kicks back into production gear.

3 Likes

Mississippi River is drying up down there…need lots of rain.

We got an inch Tues - happy with it.

We had sleet this morning. Mid 40Fs and a mix of sun and clouds.

1 Like

My brother was in Eau Claire this morning and said there was an inch of snow on the cars and the ground was covered. Sun back tomorrow and 50F… 40F Monday (high temp) and 23F for a low so growing season will be all done :frowning: … . this is unseasonably cold air.

1 Like