How is your weather? (Part 2)

It’s cold today, high is mid 60s, but it’s low 40s this morning.

finally back to normal temps here. mid 20’s during the day and teens at night. still could be alot colder this time of the year so ill take it. very low humidity so it doesnt feel that cold with the sun out. the goats are out sunning themselves on their cable spool i put in their enclosure last summer.

2 Likes

Getting chilly for the next month. 40’s-50’s during the day.

Rain is coming either tonight or tomorrow, good thing I did put a Jojobe stick on each of my fruit trees, maybe the rain will help them break them down.

It rained hard last night, yeah!

1 Like

GFS predictions of a doozy coming for us folks in the deep south.

4 Likes

is that correct? -5 in s. L.A? that would really suck for the Cajuns!

1 Like

I expect some of the birches to start snapping today.

Below zero highs next week. Yippee

3 Likes

Yup…winter is finally here. Enjoying the last 48 hours of bare ground before the bottom falls out on Friday.

P.S. - I’ve officially become old enough to hate winter.

3 Likes

Looks like 3 months of no bare earth at minimum, eh? May get some of that in January here.

1 Like

It’s cold here, 39 degrees this morning.

1 Like

Yep, most likely at minimum. We already were snow covered for a few weeks before last night’s storm. Added around 7" of wet, heavy snow last night. Plowing 350’ish of driveway, plus turnarounds was all my UTV and 6’ snowplow wanted to handle.

2 Likes

Looks like much of Florida might be having a frosty Christmas this year…

1 Like

“oh the weather outside is frightful” Up to 1/2 inch of ice predicted for Shenandoah Valley of Virginia in the next 24 hours. It’s days/nights like this “when there’s no place to go” (Christmas music stage left) that I’m so thankful to be home.

3 Likes

Bring it on…global cooling is next…

2 Likes

Not exactly!

The rapid warming of the arctic causes the jet stream to become increasingly erratic, which means arctic air masses will increasingly dip further south as the planet warms overall. Usually when cold air is that far south, the arctic is seeing extreme warmth on those same days, and this is no exception. That same model shows the air over the Arctic Ocean and Bering Strait would be much warmer than normal.

2 Likes

The city of New Orleans had a tornado today😳

1 Like

So, is that also the set-up the day the space shuttle Challenger froze up and exploded in 1985?

And the arctic got hot in January 1977? (Cause Kentucky had cars driving on lakes).

I don’t think we need to turn this thread into another debate over climate science. We’ve had enough of those. I got drawn in to replying above because you used one of those overused and entirely debunked arguments (“it’s cold somewhere so that disproves climate science”). I won’t let myself get drawn in further where you’ve made it clear there’s no chance of opening your mind on this topic.

2 Likes

OK. It’s not global cooling, just Kentucky cooling for the past 6.5 years. :slight_smile:

Single digits
next Thursday…

Ice fishing in January and February isn’t totally
out of the question.

1 Like