How is your weather? (Part 2)

50’s during the day, lots of rain lately, and lower in the night. But never freezing.

It rained last night, finally we get some free water.

3 Likes

Raining and 50 degrees today…Thursday looks like a beauty 40s and sunny. I know that this is going to end soon but I’m loving it…it is really shortening our winter at this point. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m hoping for a decrease in oil usage after the big price increase I saw at the last tank fill.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Supposed to be a rainy week. Rainy and warm - otherwise it would be a snowy week.

2 Likes

40 anf raining here. not much snow left. by time the rain stops tom. night we will only have snow banks left.

1 Like

LTilton, a rainy next three days here as well, then back up into the high 50’s towards January into the 60’s by mid Feb., its Spring. Very short winter here. Its more like a ‘cold spelll’. We will have strong winds, however!

63 and sun trying to peep out…my excuse for staying inside is about to fizzle out!

1 Like

53 here and overcast. I’m still keeping my excuses open.

Nice for us, maybe not so nice for trees that want to break dormancy too soon.

1 Like

We barely hit 50F today, most of our snow is gone with these temps and near constant rain. I have standing water in the orchard, not any snow left there.

1 Like

It has been unusually warm and wet the past few days… and looks like more of that on the way.

I have had my winter greens bed uncovered for a week or so and looks like I can keep them that way for a while longer.

TNHunter

1 Like

been the same here . my front lawn is flooded like spring. another 1in. tonight on top of the other 2in. from yesterday and late last week. thank God it wasnt snow or we would have 6ft of it right now.

1 Like

Ha, ha… I just said that this afternoon, thank goodness it wasn’t snow!

1 Like

Yeah, minor flooding in some spots this morning. Got to 64.
Should end our “moderate drought” for the forseeable future.

Burned a 50 foot long pile of brush (had it tarped…until safe to burn next to forest) … and tracked some of the ashes…including stepping in bear scat. Uh-oh.

we are under 14" of snow pack but the roads are clear. it’s been below freezing for a week. hoophouse running off its solar panels with the light going.

2 Likes

BIg storm predicted for next week - here, it should materialize as more rain, elsewhere they’re talking blizzard.

This may be the first real test of the drain I had put in on the property last year

Had a beard full of ice at the end of this morning’s below zero walk. It’s gonna be a long winter.

3 Likes

Pretty warm for this time of year. Zone 8 Texas. Our lows have been in the high 50’s low 60’s. Sure could have used this weather back in early November when my garden got frosted out.

1 Like