How is your weather? (Part 1)

Its blowing 35 MPH right now, can’t see across the street here in Ludington, MI. Snowing like the dickens…

2 Likes

They still dont’ know how they are making up snow days here…they’ve had 4 and they have 1 free one…so who knows…generally they add on at end of year…they also talked about adding time onto the school day…

-2F here… but sunny. Should warm up quickly tomorrow into the 20Fs…and then near 30F…snow again Monday.

The northern plains into W canada look brutal mid/late Feb…hope that stays up there

Williston, ND is sitting at -33F…morning low of -43F… yum

1 Like

Remember that 50+ page thread about California’s drought a couple of years ago? (It's Finally Raining in California!)
HISTORY!!!
Finally we are looking healthy over on the West coast!!!

:cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain:

5 Likes

-30 windchill, but it isn’t too bad in the woods. Had to get out of the house so I went snowshoeing for a couple miles. I kept telling myself that people from the city pay to snowshoe in the woods on vacations :crazy_face:

4 Likes

At least for this year …

1 Like

For sure. California is borderline desert at the best of times. But happy to not have irrigation restrictions heading into this upcoming summer!

1 Like

You are super lucky! All 7 of my peaches (Challenger, Redskin, Winblo, O’Henry, etc) are about to set flowers. Hope things treat you better up north. Gonna be a terrible year for fruit here. :frowning:

I find the complimentary windshield washing station at the gas station particularly handy to get that pesky salty road grime off.

3 Likes

wonder what it takes to freeze that stuff

1 Like

Depends on what the station put in there. Some of the windshield washer fluid is only good to around 20 degrees, some is good to -40 or lower. The cheaper they go, the easier it freezes. I pulled into a station during the polar vortex of a week ago or so at an actual temp of -30. The windshield cleaning fluid was still good to go.

3 Likes

It was warm here , then we had a thunderstorm,then it got down to ten degrees and snowed. I’m sure they don’t use expensive antifreeze windshield fluid here. It will thaw tomorrow when it hits 40 degrees

Tonight’s forecast is minus seventeen. I’m glad I haven’t done too much zone-pushing in anticipation of the Global Warming that hasn’t hit here yet.

2 Likes

-13F here…but calm. ALready up to 0F…so the temp is rebounding quickly. Sun this morning but i see some clouds out there from warm air advection…

Looks like a WET week coming up…snow.rain.sleet ice…have no idea…temps look iffy (upper 20Fs) and then late week look to warm into the mid 30Fs… so it will be slop whatever falls. The mid Feb system looks incredibly wet for Feb… like an OVER an inch of liquid.

Bottomed at -24 around midnight. Up to -1 now. Hopefully last night was the end of the really cold nights. Lots of snow in the forecast next week. I hope the forecast is wrong.

Looks like next weekend might be the next chance at low single digits but nothing extremely cold showing up on the model until after the 20th. The scary thing is the NAEFS continues to show just record breaking cold in W Canada and the NW Usa… Washington/Oregon/MT the Dakotas all look to get the brunt of the Arctic chill…

The cold that should be over the north pole is going to be situated over the NW USA… those fruit trees out there are going to get tested me thinks. Polar Vortex NW edition:

This covers the 17th to the 24th of Feb

We got 4-6" of light fluffy snow last night, on top of glossy solid ice. Treacherous out there! I parked my butt in the snow at one point, but fortunately it was in slow-mo with no pain involved. The dog was pretty entertained by it.

1 Like

Weather in west central Missouri sucks right now, it’s cold and icy.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Beautiful sunrise over the Rockies this morning! We have a high of 38 with more snow heading in this afternoon.

4 Likes