How is your weather? (Part 1)

GFS says mid 50Fs Thurs here with over an inch of rain. That should be interesting. What a mess. The snow on the ground here is basically glacier at this point. Super dense//ice//packed down.

2 Likes

I was expecting wet, heavy snow too. The weather guessers kept calling it “concrete like” snow. The snow I got was not wet or heavy. It is now blowing and drifting in 30+mph winds.

1 Like

I told my neighbor i’m getting one of those snowblowers with tank treads that drives itself and blows snow over the top of the house.

We ended up with 2.8"…pretty common amount around here.

2 Likes

Sorry about you folks to the north, but I think Spring arrived in Kentucky today…(or yesterday, although it was rainy and couldn’t enjoy being outside in the evening). bb

2 Likes

It’s kinda looking like early spring might show up here on Tues

Yesterday’s rain pretty much melted the remains of our snowpack

4 Likes

@IL847
I see rabbits have been hanging around, probably waiting to nibble whatever pops up in the next few days!

Here there is still deep snow, but now there are deep puddles, too! Puddles so deep i am a little nervous to drive through. :laughing: a friend of mine went through an especially deep puddle here a few years back and completely ruined her cars’ engine.

1 Like

Yes, ever since my cat died last summer, I have an army of wabbits moved into my yard. I am thunking about when the spring comes what kind veggies I can grow that wabbits dont eat. Frankly, I have not found any veggies that I like that wabbits dont eat so far. I was walking in the yard the other day and discovered my Spring Satin I planted last fall was pruned down to less than a foot and half tall and no branches left😭

3 Likes

The warmth this week looks pretty impressive. The humidity should also increase along with rain is going to cause a fast melt… Going to be fun to watch. GFS even hinting at 60Fs in the extended…

4 Likes

3 days of rain forecast for this week :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

supposed to hit upper 40’s by next fri. here.

4 Likes

About time! :+1:

2 Likes

Even this afternoon there were streets that were filled with water and it was only 32F… Water everywhere this week. I did see the GFS dropped rain amounts here some this week…

1 Like

will be like that soon here. just hope it doesn’t melt too fast .

Kill da Wabbbittts!

3 Likes

3 days with highs above freezing in the forecast next week…woohoo

4 Likes

I hope that forecast is real… I have so much to do outside! Really sick of the rain.

Looks likes things are gradually warming.This could be the last freezing night in the Seattle area this season.Just about right.There are buds starting to open.bb

1 Like

Like you I’m looking forward to the possibility of any temps above freezing. Anything over 40 degrees and I’ll probably be rolling down the windows on my drive home acting like I live in the tropics.

1 Like

Wild storm with lightning, loud thunder and hail too

2 Likes