How is your weather? (Part 1)

What looks like a faint hurricane band just materialized, but dissipated before it could fall here

2 Likes

It made it here last night but only dropped about 1/4 of rain and some wind. Maybe more tonite. The forecast has been all over the place. Hot and humid this afternoon.

We drove through corn country again yesterday. The corn has grown quite a bit since the last time. Tallest looked maybe 5 to 6 feet now. Lots of short stuff still. I didn’t see any that was tasseling yet. The heat has really helped.

Still haven’t had a ripe tomato.

1 Like

Humid and steamy. Getting rain tomorrow from Hurricane Barry.

2 Likes

Picked a Spring Satin plumcot thing… wasn’t completely ripe yet… only 2 of them on the tree. oops. Looked nice.

Very humid here…dews in the low 70fs. Minneapolis getting pounded again by heavy rain. River down here is never going to go down. This is like the new normal it seems.

100F in Denver on Thursday… should be going toward upper 90Fs here end of week. 115F in Phoenix area this afternoon…mmmmm …Same tomorrow. Got to be hard for even AC to keep up in that kind of heat.

2 Likes

We got rain yesterday - about 1/2 inch, very welcome

I’ve got new plantings that were getting stressed from the hot/dry. My Citation nect had been dropping yellow leaves despite 3-in rain at the beginning of the month

1 Like

I was glad to see rain both the past two days. we weren’t dry exactly…but better a little extra than drought. The hype about rain off “Barry” for Kentucky was mostly hype…heavy downpours in isolated spots, but no general widespread rain at all.

1 Like

Rain later today and tomorrow.

1 Like

Rain was right near here but only a few sprinkles. A flash flood watch is out for the entire area of SW wi/s MN and N Iowa… Heading for 91F today. heavy rains overnight…ugh…

95F tomorrow and 97F Friday… yikes. that is toasty for this area. So from -33F on January 31st to nearly 100F on July 19th… The year of extremes for sure.

It would appear that my Satsuma plum did set some fruit. I was looking and i found some plums that i thought were initially Lavina but they aren’t…only took until now to figure that out.

4 Likes

Cloudy all day here until the last half hour. Really helped keep the temps down so i’ll take it.

Storms last night were just loaded with lightning. Hugh crash of thunder woke us up about 2am…wife said she was too tired to go look if the house was on fire :slight_smile: About 3/10 of an inch of rain fell but a lot more fell south.

The NAEFS is hinting at a much cooler look in the late July to early Aug time period. So maybe something to look forward too. Give the AC a break for a day or 3.

1 Like

It is so hot and humid here. Crazy weather!!! Heat index is over 100 plus. A/C 24/7 for a long while.

Tony

1 Like

upper 70’s going to upper 80’s this weekend with high humidity and thunder showers. have yet to have to water any of my newly planted trees and shrubs . a near perfect summer so far.

Yes. You win with this…

77F for a dewpoint with an airtemp in the upper 90Fs is brutal . Biking or running outside in that might be dangerous.

2 Likes

Yeah, we got almost 2 inches and temps still in the 80s now.

All to the good

More coming tonite and more Sat when the cold front finally pushes through… We’ve been lucky locally. Everything has been missing this area for the most part.

Grand Marias, MN currently sitting at 60F…Next day or 2 would be a great time to flee Minneapolis for Lake Superior.

1 Like

Took a 10 mile bike ride…temp was 88F and the dew point came up to 77F here the last few hours. Omg… even being cloudy that was the worst ride this year (lots of biking since i gave up running) in terms of sweat. I think i’ll skip tomorrow.

Sunday overnite forecast showing 59F… bring it on!

2 Likes

From this week’s Drought Report:

In part due to mid-July heat, short-term dryness was of great concern across the lower Midwest, where compaction, crusting, and dryness was reported in previously saturated topsoils.

1 Like

Been running the A/C here for about a week. Sounds like today should be the last day of that. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the upper 50s starting tomorrow for at least a few days.

1 Like
1 Like

Heat index 112 in Des Moines at 3:00. 8/10’s rain 2 weeks ago. 3/10’s 2 days ago. We could use a nice drink of water and a cool down.

2 Likes
2 Likes