Javid and Nikitski Almond from Englands. Grafting?

I put one “NC10” almond seedling in ground this year. It was about a little more than pencil thick and about 3 feet tall. $21.50. It seems to be growing more vigorously than the Nikita / Oracle from Raintree (both died after 1 season).

I put in Prima and Bounty. Bounty died the next year and Prima is growing really slow. I’m going to put in peach seedling and let them jet up to five feet and graft almond to it then. Maybe this winter if we get anything to cut we can swap.

2 Likes

Two Javid’s arrived looking pretty great. Still waffling over where to plant.

2 Likes

Where did you find those?

@Robert Perfect Circle had them for fall shipping. I just double checked and the listing is sold out, but says they expect more for spring shipping.

1 Like

Anyone have javid and Nikitski scions for sale? Interested in replacing my other’s that died over last winter. Thx! Might have some scions for trade as well.

England’s probably has scions; it’s in their 2023 list.

1 Like

Interesting I got mine around the same timeframe, no leaves and dormant. I already planted them in the ground.

1 Like

I bought a large and small Javid from PC this fall also and the large (size of buckeye’s) was leafed, small was not.

2 Likes