Jolene’s peach cake

I found it searching Taste of Home.
Here it is. I will post the link after the recipe.

UPSIDE DOWN PEACH CAKE

Ingredients

• 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup milk

Directions

• Melt 1/4 cup butter; pour into an ungreased 9-in. round baking pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Arrange peach slices in single layer over sugar.
  • In a large bowl, cream sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Spoon over peaches.
  • Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
4 Likes

Thank you very much. I’m afraid I’ll have to use canned peaches until it’s harvest time again but you can bet I’ll be adding this to my favorite recipes.

2 Likes

I made two of these today. Our oldest daughter is 18. The years pass quickly and the next thing you know there is another crop of peaches to enjoy.
I hope a few others try the cake! :smile:

3 Likes

What kind of pan do you use? I made it in round glass pan, but the walls are not vertical and the bottom of the cake comes out wider than peach side.

1 Like

I often use a stainless steel fondue pan for peach cake, and even cheesecake as the extra layer with the water buffers the heat on the cheesecake.

I have also used alluminum cake pans 8 or 9 inches across.

3 Likes

First of the 2019 season in an 8” pan.

It took only 4 adults to finish it in one sitting.

10 Likes