Jolene’s peach cake

Well Jolene, giving it a try for my Ladies Dinner tonight! Hope they like it. It smells so good! Thanks for the recipe!

They loved it!!! Recipe passed on yet again!

32 Likes

My daughter found the recipe online…and we just passed it on. I would feel guilty taking credit for the delicious treat personally.

I was looking at the peaches sizing up on our trees the other day and thinking “Just a few weeks until peach upside-down cake!”

I’m sure unless someone has really weird taste buds…they will like it. I like it when everyone else doesn’t like what I do (More for me!) But have yet to have it happen with a peach upside-down cake! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s been a big hit here the four times we had it. Thanks Jolene!

2 Likes

I made it a couple of times last summer too. So good. :smile:

1 Like

My mom used to make the same type of cake back in the day. It was good!

1 Like

Jolene,
You and your daughter please take a bow. We made it several times last year. Everyone who saw it was oohing and aahing for its beautiful form and then, loved the taste. A big hit every party we brought it to.

@mrsg47, your presentation was also beautiful. It looked delish.

6 Likes

Bow And. Bow
Thanks for all the positive feedback. :slight_smile:

We are so glad the recipe has been appreciated and shared!

Thanks for the update on your original post @mrsg47

1 Like

For those of us that missed the recipe, could you repost it.
Thanks

1 Like

Type in peach cake in search

I tried the search method and after going through many posts ended up back here at this one.

It was on the thread “Peaches Poultry and Pizza”
Here’s a link to the recipe.
https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/upside-down-peach-cake30

Our Red Haven are done this year and we made upside-down cake with some. Elberta are about ready to pick.
Silver Logan were not as red fleshed this year, but we’re just as awesome to eat.
Happy baking!

1 Like

Try it with prune plums, too

1 Like

Has anyone tried it with pears? We have lots of pears in the freezer…

It would be fabulous!

Hi Jolene,
Our first peach upside down for this season. Thank you again for the recipe. It is well received everytime we make it for a party.

13 Likes

I want some too!!

That is a beautiful cake @mamuang! :smile:
I’m waiting for the Summerset peaches to ripen here so we can have another. They are coloring up, but still very firm and rather tart. I hope they are as good as they were last year.

2 Likes

Believe or not. We did not taste the first one. I took it to my office. Left it on a table in the kitchen around 9:00 am. By 11:00 am, only one piece left and it was gone by noon. Got rave reviews from office mates.

This is the 2nd one. I am going to take it to a get-together party tonight with my girlfriends. I should have a chance to taste it.

10 Likes

Very well received at the party. Many asked for the recipe.

3 Likes

Tastofhome says the page is missing. Can you please re-post the recipe?