Jujube green cuttings rooting success

Keep us updated when there is more news on the cuttings.

Any new updates on these? I’ve just planted mine the same way and am awaiting results. Thanks for the great post.

An update. So I originally had these in some generic potting mix soil and just inside clear bins outside and nothing was happening for almost a month. I recently moved 11 of them into their own pots and with plastic cups over the top and on cinder blocks and in Miracle Gro Moisture control potting mix. I moved one into a pot with plastic cup on top and onto a heating pad in the kitchen window (changed out the soil to miracle grow as well). The one in the kitchen tonight started sprouting leaves after about 5 days. I’ll check the outdoor ones tomorrow. I’ve been watering them all every other day to keep them moist as well. I am optimistic at this point, and believe the potting mix / heat underneath / cup combo is possibly the magic formula. Thanks again to Tony for this post. I’ll keep this updated.

Great, All my rooted jujubes from last year are growing fine. I just transplanted from the pots to their permanent location a few weeks ago. Btw, if they roots for you then just make sure you overwinter them in a cold storage for the first season just for insurance. If I did not stored them in my Tornado shelter this past Winter with the -20F then they would be gone.

An update. These are hardwood Shanxi Li cuttings. Nothing was happening outside so I ended up moving all 12 inside onto a heating mat and running a $30 square led grow light over the top of them 18 hours a day in a western facing window. So far 4 of the 12 are growing leaves and I believe a few more may be soon. I honestly don’t know if they are rooting yet but i’ll just let them grow as many leaves as possible before moving them. I did some cherry cuttings outside in a plastic bin and they grew leaves then died without putting out any roots so hopefully these will fare better. Goji have been easiest so far and have a high rooting rate. No luck yet with mulberry cuttings yet, maybe they just take longer.