Which varieties did you try? Was tigertooth among them? I take it from the instructions you started in early June. Just wanted to verify. I built a mister and tried to start mulberry green cuttings this year with no success. I used Persian and black beauty. I put it in the shade and had it mist for 10 seconds every 10 minutes.
It does not surprise me that you had success. I’ve started most of mine from root cuttings and digging up sprouts. Often, I’ll get multiple shoots. Part way through the summer, if I have multiple shoots, I’ll try to split it into multiple trees. These got no special care, just split and put back in 1 gal rootbuilder pots and watered as needed along with my other potted trees on my deck. I’ve been very surprised that some shoots have had very little root and survived. I guess they already had the right root cells under the soil but all the root fibers were gone. They likely regenerated roots from those existing root cells.
Yours probably needed the special care because they needed the time for the initial root cells to form.
I will definitely try your method next season. If it works for me, I’ll use it to get other varieties on their own roots like you!