Jujube R5 and R4T3 infos?

if they prove to be productive in your area, then they are must-haves. Will later post a picture of priest at my thread so as not to derail the OP’s focus on r4t3 and r5t2

there is a huge flavor difference.

r4t3 at its prime is much better than norris(and many other jujus) by a country mile. They do look alike, especially when fruits are smaller, but you’re right, r4t3 tends to have pointy fruits(although may also have rounded tips), whereas norris#1 fruits are virtually all blunt-tipped. Anyway, had norris for a while but forgot where got it from, i think rollingriver or burntridge nursery. Will be posting photos later as well.

Hi Cliff, tempted to offer you a few twiggies but might not be worth your time as the fruits are not as good as r4t3, and have gotten them to fruit in cooler conditions(oct- nov here), but not much improvement in quality. Will send some your way if you’re interested, It should complete your norris dam juju vocabulary :wink:

3 Likes

Oops. Posted on wrong thread…

forgot to add, norris juju shapes seem to be influenced by weather as well, so this definitely adds to the uncertainty and confusion.

1 Like

I have believe that norris to be R2T2 but i am uncertain with out seeing the fruit and we lost r2t2 do to a brake out and bad planting site

3 Likes

actually obtained our r2t2 from your nursery several years ago, tell me if you want to re-establish some budwood as well. Will post photo when i find it.

btw, norris1 is not the same as r2t2. Of course my claim is flimsily based on the norris that i obtained from another nursery. The trouble with jujus is that the would-be grower is only as credible as the sources of his/her budwood.

7 Likes

My Norris #1 is directly from Hidden Springs Nursery. I’m curious how it compares to R4T3 here in humid NC. Maybe Norris #1 tastes better in this climate, but it’s good to hear from @jujubemulberry that R4T3 is a keeper. @KYnuttrees if you would like Norris #1 scionwood this winter, I can send you some.

4 Likes