Jujubes- Our New Adventure

This is from China and they say it’s a red date (chinese jujube). The name they call it is dai-qi-sheng.

2 Likes

Wow, you have an absolute novelty!
Makes me want to open up a gofundme account to pay for a genome study :slight_smile:

btw, there are tropical/subtropical parts in China where Thai/Indian jujubes can be grown and some cultivars are actually native to china.

The fruit shape and seed do not look like any mauritiana that I have ever encountered.

My friend who was from Yunnan, which is quite southern China said there are Chinese jujubes esp. the donut shape ones common in her area.

6 Likes

New jujube trees Panzao (donut) and Hulu Zao (bottle gourd)

8 Likes

love it!

1 Like

10 Likes

There is something wrong with this :confounded: when donut and guard jujubes are available in Europe but not in the US!! It is not fair!!

5 Likes

One of this days it will arrive in US… :grin:

3 Likes

@Luisport
Hope before my hair turns gray :joy:

1 Like

How are they in taste @Luisport?

1 Like

I just get them… i supose they are great! :blush:

1 Like

Well it’s too late for me….

1 Like

Kathy,
You and me :grin:

But I think I gonna dye mine green since I like growing fruit.

2 Likes

To jujube fans do you know this pink jujubes?

The red dates in the womb are also called Qianlihong. The fruit is brightly colored and the taste is crispy and delicious. Its the jujube seedlings are beautiful and the fruit is quite ornamental. Fruit traits: The red jujube fruit in the fetus is large and obovate, and the lower part is slightly pointed. The young fruit is purple-red, then turns pink, and when ripe, the fruit is purple-red and the shade is pink. The fruit weight is 9 grams and the maximum is 15 grams. The skin is thick, fleshy, crisp, juicy, sweet and sour.

5 Likes

Sounds like it is the same as what we call Baby Red

7 Likes

How does Baby Red taste?

Thank you very much, i will have this one too. :+1:

1 Like

Very good—crisp and juicy on a very dry year for me. And the deer liked it too…. :rage:

4 Likes

Jujubes of the Yellow River | A China Icons Video - YouTube

1 Like