Kellys Old Timey Apples

What’s the best way to contact Kellys? I sent an email several weeks ago but have not had a reply yet. Should I just be patient?

1 Like

It can take a while to hear back from him. I usually send another email after a month or so to confirm my order.

There’s a phone number listed on their FB page
https://www.facebook.com/Kellys-Old-Timey-Apple-Trees-298131766910078/

1 Like

Rick, he has always eventually got back with us, just never very quick about it lol!
Are you after something in particular from him or just browsing?
I may have his 2019 list if you’d like me to hunt it up.

Hi Scott. I’ll give him a few more weeks to reply. Those Coffelt Beauty scions you sent me last year grew really well. I’ll have some nice Weaver’s Red Sweet LT scion this year if you need any.

1 Like

I got Weaver’s Red Sweet LT from Kelly last year. Don’t know a lot about it, we’ll see in a few years. He was very generous, including a bunch he thought I might find interesting, for no extra charge. Multiple scions of each as well. The Weaver’s LT for instance was a bonus…

But, I did have to pester him relentlessly :wink:

3 Likes

I think I will need one of those Rick. I only grafted 1 last year and it was my only miss.
I can’t remember if I’ve sent you Wilson June, but it’s a very rare one. Beach, Springdale, are two others and while not as rare Ozark Gold is my hands down favorite off the tree apple I grow so far. A very rich spicy flavor!

2 Likes

Kelly has some great really rare varieties. Nice place to do business with.

Hey Scott, I don’t have any of the varieties that you mentioned. I can see some swapping going on after the New Year. :smile: I’ll give you a shout when I start cutting scion.

2 Likes

I was wondering if anyone has a list or catalog for Old Timey Apples? I emailed Rick but he hasn’t replied in a few months.

Thanks!!

I do understand Rick had an injury so he’s probably not 100%

I just wanted to plan for next year and see what he my be offering that I can’t find at other places.

You can also order from Temperate Orchard Conservancy- I think they have most if not all of Steve Kelly’s varieties.

I’m wondering if they do have them all as a few people I know have noted he has some things that Temperate Orchard Conservancy doesn’t. I found that with some offerings from Big Horse Creek as well when comparing them to TOC offerings.

I am sorry to hear he is not well. I have exchanged messages with him in the past couple of years but I did not email his this last year. I like the varieties he has to offer.