List of hybrid persimmon species available in USA

PCR is a category, not a single procedure.

It can be very good as a screening test, depending on the subject being matched.

In this use, flow-cytometry is used to obtain DNA from cells of a specimen – for example your saliva. The extracted material is then annealed in a gel containing a sequence of the desired match – for example an inactive subsequence of COVID-19. The magnitude of the annealed reaction is used to determine whether or not there is a match.

The qualities of the sequence used for matching have a direct outcome on the accuracy of the test. Designing a high quality subsequence of COVID-19 was a big part of designing better tests.

In the genome sequencing industry, D. virginiana is currently considered the holy grail. At present no one has succeeded in producing an end-to-end assay of a single chromosome. It is said to suffer from ploidy entanglement, unlike other polyploids that have been successfully sequenced (although single chromosome). A recent achievement at Hudson Alpha was a set of scaffolded subsequences of D. virginiana. New algorithms and optical technology will be required to overcome the current bottleneck.

1 Like

Yes. And with your help I will endeavor to keep a high quality record of the inputs and outputs, and in a format that can be passed on to the next torch bearers.

1 Like

That is exactly how it should be. And I use a pencil because it has an eraser. But now I have a ‘weatherproof book’ and it comes with a Pen. I’m not thrilled you may say.

2 Likes

On more than one occasion, A. Einstein commented that the eraser is the most important part of a pencil.

4 Likes

Dare I know if I have anything in common?

Ultimately we are all related to french fries (Daniel Frost).

1 Like

Sounds good to me, Richard.

thank-you,

Dax

Cliff told me for the record that he has Ukrainian selections:
14-10
that 15-2 was not hardy at his zone 6b location which I’ve looked at and is relatively or quite mild. It doesn’t go below zero often.

and that for any records: 15-30 is ‘Bozhy Dar’.

4 Likes

Nikita #4 has seen -14 F at England’s Orchard.

6 Likes

421 vs 4/21 vs ?
1221 vs 12/21 vs ?
14-10 vs 14/10 vs ?
15/30 vs ?

When stating the name of a cultivar it would be ok to include the Ukrainian name listed in their publications – which to my knowledge are all in the public domain.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0%2C5&q="Ukraine"+"Diospyros"+"hybrid"

1 Like

This picture is what convinced me to buy a stick.

3 Likes

The Erdős number (“collaborative distance” or “co-authorship distance”) between me and Einstein is 3, so you guys may get 4. :wink:

3 Likes

I know a man who married a woman who’s Erdos number was 1. 3 doesn’t get you very far around here.

2 Likes

I knew Nathan Rosen who was Einstein’s student and co-author on the famous EPR (Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen) paper. When I was a young graduate student, Nathan was a professor emeritus in our department. He was in his late seventies - early eighties back then but went to his office regularly and attended seminars. I didn’t co-author any papers with him but I did with other professors in the department who collaborated earlier with Nathan, this is one of the links of degree 3 between me and Einstein. However, if you count by “who knew whom” my number improves to 2. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@JCW

In this list there are only 2 varieties which are interesting.

12/21, which was originally called 15/12, but it’s the same.

And 15/30 which is gold gift.

The others exist only to make exchanges. the interest is more than limited and are not cultivated. There are a lot of strangers. And anything that doesn’t grow has no purpose

4 Likes

How cold hardy is 15-30 aka God’s gift?

Dax has Cliff confirmed the name for this tree to be Nakita#4? I asked about this tree yesterday and he said there are two trees planted in the same spot one is V. Derevyanko and next to it is a large fruit hybrid. I still wasnt sure what the name of this tree after his reply. When i seen it on Facebook i thought it may be Dar Sofiyivky bc the shape of the fruit and calyx and the ripening time. Assuming his picture was taken when it was posted. October.

Looks like a winner.

As of 02/01/23, JT-06 is listed as a sibling of JT-02, available from Cliff England.

I’ve never heard of JT-06 before, but if there is an actual sibling of JT-02 then I want it! Who grows it??? Where in the U.S. is it available? I’ve scoured England’s list of scions and I don’t see JT-06. Did I miss it?

I suggested above that maybe someone had confused JT-06 with JBT-06, which is grown at England’s, but JBT-06 is an offspring of JT-02 not a sibling. So where did the information regarding the parentage of JT-06 come from?

I’ve asked this or similar questions a few times before but no one has responded. Does that mean that no one has any knowledge of this name? If not, we should delete the name from the list before people start to think that the unicorn is real.

1 Like

I ordered a stick of scionwood from Cliff and he confirmed the name of that tree is Nikita #4.

Tony

3 Likes

Thanks Tony

1 Like