Mature viewers only -- explicit Jujube videos/photos

It is very vigorous and suckers profusely

2 Likes

After looking at the no root situation last summer I can believe it is very vigorous. I didn’t think it would live.

My Sherwoods have lots of flowers and few fruit. But there’s a guy in Farmersville Tx, 30 miles from me, who has 300 Sherwoods he planted in the mid 80’s; his trees are always loaded. So maybe if wait my trees will get better.

5 Likes

when i grow up-- i want to be just like him!

5 Likes

I want to know what he does with all that fruit…

2 Likes

When he planted them he wanted to sell powder and extracts as heath supplements, but found various regulations too daunting. Now it’s a pick your own orchard and he donates the money to his church

8 Likes

not a “precocious” seedling, but a long fruiting stem from an old root sucker. If it does not produce an upright stem this year, this fruiting stem will be shed by winter, which means there will be no above-ground proof of its whereabouts

4 Likes

Or you could save it for me till next spring along with a Vegas Candy scions! :wink: They ware awesome tasty!

1 Like

v. candy does taste uniquely different from other jujus when dried. If only they were much bigger than raisins!

the silver lining is that they taste much better than raisins

2 Likes

They ware so good! Thanks again, those ware my first jujubes that I ever tasted.

glad you liked them, and pls update us regularly re: jujus you’ve been growing :slight_smile:

Would do! I went ahead and bought two trees Sugar Cane and Li. Can’t wait to have some fresh fruit from those two.

1 Like

my sister has a house in virginia but grew her trees in shaded conditions so not doing well. Worse is that she is not living there currently, so trees may be alive, but i presume not bearing fruits.

i hope(if not strongly advise) that you plant your jujus in the sunniest sections of your property

1 Like

Thanks for the advice! Currently I put them on pots on a sunny spot for the time being.
Most likely end up planting them in the ground!

1 Like

juju will laterals get thicker with time,but will also grow shorter as the trunk(upright stem) engulfs them at the base going outward. Shown below(encircled and with an arrow)is a lateral’s contiguous bark being spread out like a banana peel by the thickening trunk.
thus said, if no upright stem grows from a lateral, the lateral will either regress and die, or simply be eaten alive by the outwardly expanding trunk. Some fruiting stems of these ~7 yr-old laterals continue to bear flowers and fruits, as encircled below

8 Likes

Do you head off the top yearly to promote latetal growth and thicken the trunk?

1 Like

sihong stems are loaded with botox. Refusing to get wrinkly even as an old graft

9 Likes

i never had to do that here @tonyOmahaz5. Jujus here don’t grow too tall.

2 Likes

Some of mine are at 15 feet tall. I am planning to top them off at ten feet.

1 Like

They look strange with the skinny laterals out of the large trunk. Other trees’s lateral limbs increase in diameter along with the trunk.