Mature viewers only -- explicit Jujube videos/photos

Is that any way to talk about one of your children?? :slight_smile: Actually, I meant to type Vegas Lucky, It sounds like Vegas Spicy could be a good one to try in my climate, as it produced high-quality during the cooler season for you. By the time jujubes are ripening here, weā€™re lucky to hit 75F, instead of the 110F you get.

I had a couple Vegas Booty on my surviving graft, but I think they fell off. But the good news is that the graft grew very well and is fairly high up in the tree (GA866), so Iā€™m pretty hopeful for next year. I may cut part of it back a bit (itā€™s competing for space with Dae Sol Jo), so I can probably also put it in another site.

1 Like

Of course you are! Btw, booty is a relatively big and dense juju so extremely encouraging to see it show signs of prospering in your area. Hopefully fruit
matures well enough before getting caught by cold weather

definitely not my children. Maybe my exes, just kidding.

as for spicy, i have lost track of whom Iā€™ve sent what, so will be sending that too

2 Likes

one more addition to the southern nevada series. This puppy mill of jujus is chugging along
with a bit less zeroes and a bit more heroes

below was already in the process of converting to a date, so christening it ā€˜vegas pasasā€™
sweet and chewy with a unique flavor

7 Likes

Its thorns are healthy too :slight_smile:

yeah, it can be a problem with seedlings. Even vegas booty which is no longer so thorny now as an older specimen, it used to be quite prickly as a youngster. Had to snip off the spines once they hardened

2 Likes

Had a big grasshopper on a wild seedling today and instinctively went to flick it away. Oops. Thorns. Someday I will learnā€¦maybe!

1 Like

I guess it is possible to grow jujubes in Las Vegas:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlswa7pyeSI&feature=share

Forgive me if someone has already posted this here, but I havenā€™t seen it (or donā€™t remember it).

5 Likes

actually didnā€™t want to post that here as Mr Kohler insisted on advertising, haha

he actually lives here in vegas. At least as plant-nerdy as the geek typing this(folks tell me he is my long-lost brother and that even look alike)

5 Likes

Enjoyed that!!! Thanks @castanea for posting because we know @jujubemulberry wouldnā€™t!!!
:+1::blush::wink:

2 Likes

My Sweet Tart from @castanea had one fruit this year. Iā€™ve been watching it and a couple of days ago it was creamy but had not started to get brown. Weā€™ve had storms over the last few days. When I looked today the fruit was on the ground and one side was slightly brownā€¦I picked it up excitedly and it was very, very squishy!! Of course I had to taste it but I have to admit it wasnā€™t what I would consider edible. Fermented and bitterā€¦ Iā€™m guessing it split and the rain caused it to spoil. (We had enough rain that it had probably been lying in water.) Okayā€¦there is next yearā€¦ Iā€™m am so glad that it has grown this year and fruited.

1 Like

mine likewise struggled. Fruits got sunburnt after several days of intense summer heat, and the potted condition didnā€™t help, of course. It still has some fruitlets on its second crop so looking forward to try it later this year.

3 Likes

Does Anyone here Know where i can buy R4T3 jujube tree? Thanks

Anyone knows if what its name is? Thanks

2 Likes

5 Likes

it can be massandra or ga 866 or mayazao, the 3 jujus can think of that may look like that

as for r4t3 trees, maybe englandā€™s has them . Btw, are you handy with grafting?

Yes i did. I got scionwood from my neighbor. But he didnā€™t Know its name neither. BTW I want to buy tiger tooth and R4T3 jujube. Anyone knows where i can get them please help. Thanks in advance

the juju in your photos can also be silverhill, btw.

I have no idea about its name but it tastes very sweet , juicy and The most important part is its skin doesnā€™t stuck in my mouth.

This is what my XuZhou dries intoā€¦BIG YUCK!

The red ones are mushy the darker ones are black inside

1 Like

fruit-split isnā€™t just a convenient point of access for voracious beaks and bills

in relatively humid areas(outside of vegas), microbial/fungal intrusion is likely.
i donā€™t get that problem with our xu zhou fruits on trees(the dry air-- plus the high-sugar content of jujus tend to be antimicrobial as a result of high-gradient conditions), but as soon as these split and cracked fruits fall off the trees on to an irrigation area, they quickly turn into the same rotten fruits just like yoursā€¦

2 Likes