My mulberry and other fruits collection

One more dead by voles Mulberry tree…

Here are their tunnels…

Daaaamn it

Adamant to protect the others, bought a few more seeds of plants supposingly deterrent of moles and voles
. Allium, muscari, Salvia and narcissus

2 Likes

If nothing else, you’ll have some really nice flowers!

2 Likes

Lol @jcguarneri :slight_smile:

Sorry wildlife, I changed my mind… Gonna get some poison to put near those voles holes

I give up, poison for voles it is.
Hope this works. The guy in the shop told me it should

Brodicafume 0.0025% is the active substance

1 Like

This comes in little blue sachets, put 1 sachet in each vole hole I found… Thank God I bought 3 bottles of this… Found like 50 ones just in a quick round… I’ll be back in a few days for another look around…

Finally some Castor bean seeds

3 Likes

You’ll have a fine castor and flower orchard to take the place of your mulberries!
:laughing:

3 Likes

72 Castor plants seeds set! Lol

3 Likes

Respect to the man that goes full Elmer Fudd

3 Likes

Ahahahah @lordkiwi
And today I was in the orchard putting ricinus powder in all Mulberry planting spots. It’s supposed to give a little fertilization 4%N and deterrent for voles, moles. Lasts 30 days the effects according to the label

2 Likes

Portugal Mulberry, the 1st of the season to start getting ripe fruits… No voles damage on this one so far… Thank God

6 Likes

They are like mine… don’t know if they are of same variety but very similar…

2 Likes

Dunno @Luisport bought this one from Dithmar. He said he got it from a Portuguese guy, supposingly once older gets huge fruits. Have like 15 others bought here in Portugal from markets and etc and they are still green. Don’t think any of the others from our country that I have are the same as this one, but if the voles don’t get them later on we might discover…

Ps1- put more poison today on all the voles holes I could find… Like 30 holes… They were empty from the other load, so they got it…

Ps2- I might get your cornus capitata Monday and got several thick Shangri La Mulberry cuttings rooting already for you

2 Likes

Oh i thought it was the Madeira Island one… mine is from this variety and it’s like yours…
Thank’s!

1 Like

No Luís, all Madeira Island Mulberry I had in ground (4) were all eaten by the voles… All I have left is one in a pot… And I’ll keep it there…

1 Like

Madeira Mulberry left

1 Like

In fact with time I’ll try to get a clone or copy of each rare or important Mulberry cultivar I have and have 1 as a back up in a pot.

Damn voles, checked a few more trees today and I have a 2 meters or 3 high morus nigra and the trunk is almost fully eaten all around. Still has a bit of healthy wood… Might survive… Or not if I don’t control the voles.
Also a coroa de rei persimmon is in the exact same state :frowning:

2 Likes

Terrível! :frowning_face:

Getting mad with the voles… Never saw anything like that. If I loose all my trees I’ll give up on all of this :frowning:

2 Likes

Total war on voles…

And also planted some more fig trees

. Lampo preto Fig

. Torres Novas Fig

4 Likes