My peach x almond clones

Still not the same as misting systems. But your plants look ok, so maybe it will work?

1 Like

Here are some figs I’m trying to root. No leaves, just cuttings when I put them in.

2 Likes

Do almond fruit taste like almonds, or is the aftertaste you are seeking the almond fruit flesh flavor?

I’ve never tasted an almond fruit, yet. The flesh dries up a month before it reaches maturity.

Update:

So, about two months ago, I pulled the clones out of the gel and I decided to plant them in the ground and so far, it appears that they might be rooting.

Here is again, the mother tree, the peachmond.

1 Like

The peachmond’s parentage is, Elberta peach, pollen parent, x F1 Nonpareil Almond, seed parent.

Since I will be crossing the peachmond back to an almond, which almond would you all suggest me to use?

What are your options?

Marcona, Mission, Butte, Carmel, Neplus Ultra, Peerless, Price, F1 nonpareil almond.

My peach x almond cuttings are finally rooting!

1 Like

1 Like

Great news

1 Like

If I would’ve not told you that these trees are a peach x almond cross, would you had guessed that these are just peach trees?

p

1 Like

Interesting!

These two branches look exactly like an almond branch, while the rest resemble like those of a

peach tree.

1 Like

My peachmond is loaded with flower buds.

Here’s the seed parent, the almond, for comparasion.

1 Like

Is the peach supposed to taste like almond?

The flesh of any almond hybrid is probably very bad! Many hybrids are sold so that colder areas can have almonds. Such as Hall’s Hardy Almond. I have heard the almonds are very hard, and have a strong taste. Not as good as true almonds. Peaches and almonds are almost the same thing. Both will pollinate each other.

1 Like