My Raintree Order

I got my Raintree order today and it looks great. In the past I’ve given them mixed reviews, but this time they sent very large, well packed trees. Too bad I only ordered two. I feel bad now that I didn’t order a jujube from them, as I would have had a point of comparison for the other half dozen nurseries I got jujube from this winter.

Both trees in my order are Euro plums- a Ersinger which had slightly over 1" caliper and a Gras Romanesc with around 3/4". Both seem to have quite a few branches. The box weighed 13.5 pounds for just the two trees (and lots of packing material).

Hard to believe it based on all these branches, but this is only two trees:

4 Likes

My 3 E. plums and 2 cherries from rain trees were larger trees than any other places and delivered at the time I requested. I had good experienced with this nursery.

I did not checked jujubes from Raintree as I was excited that Burnt Ridge finally carried the varieties I wanted.

My order came as well, planted this morning:

Candy Heart - 3/4" caliper, nice roots, 4 feet, minimal branching
Methley - 5/8" caliper, 4 feet, decent roots, low branching and many, needs to be spread, came with a tag that read “demo tree”
Flavor Supreme - 3/4" caliper, 4 feet, no branching

Bonus: Poorman Gooseberry - small bareroot, well rooted, looks fine

Overall I am very happy, my neighbor who has most of the shredded paper from the box in her yard might not be ;), was a wee bit windy this morning. :deciduous_tree:

2 Likes

Mostly for the novelty, I ordered 2 columnar apple trees from Raintree, and was also very surprised by the size (1") of both, 4 feet tall and also covered with spurs and both had huge rootballs. Good price, quick delivery, well packed, and great product from Raintree. It was nice to be surprised by them, after being disappointed with other nurseries the last few years. I’m recovering from back surgery, so I had to stick them both in large pots, but in just a short time they have both popped out in buds all over and should be blooming in a few days. Not too convinced my results from surgery were successful, so they may have to live in those pots for a year so I’ll hope they are also tough! Those plums look good, with plenty of branches to work with.

3 Likes

I received my order this week and didn’t order much, some K1 rootstocks and one Schoolhouse plum on St. Julian A rootstock. Schoolhouse plum was 37" high with a 1" Caliper like shown in the pic.

Oh schoolhouse plum is one I’d like to try, good pick.

I tried to work hard and open bamboo nursery then had back surgery too that why my plan wasn’t working out, after 2 years, now feel better and start to plant a lot of fruit trees again.

2 Likes

Your schoolhouse plum looks better than mine with no branch at all, but the only Raintree carry this type of plum.

Not mine, I forgot to hit reply to Ike

Raintree sent me very good size this time.
Rosy gage and D’Ente 707 plum trees.

I’m very happy with it. Thank you.

4 Likes

Raintree is a “local” nursery for someone who lives in W.Wa though a day trip away.

I bought several trees from them for the first time around 15 years ago when I bought my current home. The 15 year old desert king fig tree is now around 20 feet tall and gives around 400 figs in a good year. (if I can save them from the squirrels)
The 4 in 1 asian plum tree has grown beautifully as well and yields heavily. I also got a pair of apple trees, also still doing well.

I did a propagation class at Raintree in early April this year and got a whole bunch of cuttings (various fig varieties, grapes, currants, raspberries) and also tons of scionwood. Also bought LARGE fig trees and MORE apple trees (Rubinette, Karmijn da Sonnaville) from them. The apple trees were large and have plenty of flowers already!

I did a bunch of grafts one weekend and then we had a windstorm that destroyed several of my grafts. I went over there next weekend and asked them nicely if they would sell me some more scionwood: they gave me a bunch for free!

Nearly all of my grafts that I got from them have taken already. The wood was nice and fresh!

They are some of the nicest people over there. Very friendly atmosphere and excellent quality plants.

4 Likes

It’s very good place to order. It is very nice experience so far.