My small fruit tree orchard

Hi! It is latex but if you eat it well matured it’s really good. It’s not much stiky. It’s very juicy, mild sweet and tropical flavor. We love it and i will get a plant! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This is suppose to be a US Plum variety,that I’ve never seen sold here.

1 Like

They sell it a lot in Spain… i’m not 100% shure this one is a Larry Ann but Jose-Albacete told me he have it and he is 100% shure it is this variety…

1 Like

Have you found any dinosaur bones in your orchard?

2 Likes

Not yet… :sweat_smile:
But we are near of the dinosaur trails… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The one of the news is from Lourinhã…

1 Like

Just got them… :sweat_smile: :innocent:

What city are you near? I’d like to put it on my map to plan our travels.

2 Likes

Very near Fátima on the center of Portugal.

1 Like

Lourinhã is very cool, last year i went to the Dino Park over there

Luis is an very beautiful area of Portugal and with is own microclimate, i cant grow half of what he grows and i am just 100 miles or so north.

3 Likes

And here there are the bigest dino trail of the world…

Monumento Natural das Pegadas dos Dinossáurios da Serra de Aire (pegadasdedinossaurios.org)

2 Likes

Indeed, your area is prime spot for dino afficionados :ok_hand:

1 Like

Portugal has a geographic shape similar to California. In terms of aerial miles it is about 4/9 the size. I think it would take a minimum of 3 weeks to tour the entire country.

2 Likes

Probably @Richard , it would give u a basic idea, but Portugal has a lot of hidden places, different landscapes and its geography is completely different from north to south in such a small country.
You would still need to visit our archipelago islands, the Madeira with its 2 islands and the Azores with its 9 islands :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, the same can be said for California, in fact the portion of California that overlaps Portugal in latitude. If I were to design a tour of what I consider the significant locations in that portion, it would be a minimum of 3 weeks. So as a guess, the same probably applies to Portugal.

2 Likes

Nijisehiki i think…

4 Likes

Redlove Odysso

10 Likes

Is it best fresh from the tree or after a little storage?
Last year, mine picked mid Sept. and laid up 2 weeks still didn’t taste ripe.
My one bagged fruit fell off this week. It’s not quite as red as yours on the outside.
I have it laying in a north facing window hoping it’ll develop a little smell and a little softness.

Pretty fruit you have there.

2 Likes

Thanks! This year was diferent because we got the bigest drought and very hot weather. All apples are ripening earlier and some falling. This two falled so they don’t have the sweetness of some years ago but they improve with some storage like a week or so but for you it can be more time…

1 Like

@Luisport
I’d like you to know a “feature” of Cambuca and a few other Plinias. When they sprout leaves, the leaves hang down. It is natural. After a few weeks most of them raise up to an upright position.

5 Likes

Nice to know @Richard, i got a cambuca also. Nice information :ok_hand:

1 Like